Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

Facebook PUrity, an add on that lets you block just about anything you do not want to see on facebook 

I use Social Fixer.  It can only be used on on PC's, not for phones or tablets.

Trusted Contributor

Tons of scam sites on FB, lots and lots for Dooney and Bourke handbags, even.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

So is this a scam,or you just did not know what a yeti is?

@goldensrbest      I've dated a couple yeti guys.   (Big & hairy...but no brains.)

Could you pass along contact info? 

Asking for a friend......😉

Valued Contributor

Seems these days my FB page is nothing but ads after every other post from one of my friends and a reminder about covid 19 vaccinations.  I delete them all. 

Although over the summer my interest was piqued about a pair of shoes that were advertised. They looked very nice, leather espadrilles with extra support. Well it took about 3 weeks to arrive and when they did they were AWFUL.  Nothing like the picture at all, very uncomfortable and small sized nd I went up half a size and cheap looking and cheaply made.  Of course, there was no information on where they came from or who to return too.  Shame on me, never again.  I'm out $40.

Helen852
Trusted Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Facebook:   I refuse to be on it period.

Then don't. It is your personal decision and no one really cares what you decide. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@jlkz   me neither. FB is a cesspool of disinformation and hate

Trusted Contributor

Ha!  Facebook is a scam!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazing FB scam.

[ Edited ]

@Helen852 wrote:

Seems these days my FB page is nothing but ads after every other post from one of my friends and a reminder about covid 19 vaccinations.  I delete them all. 

Although over the summer my interest was piqued about a pair of shoes that were advertised. They looked very nice, leather espadrilles with extra support. Well it took about 3 weeks to arrive and when they did they were AWFUL.  Nothing like the picture at all, very uncomfortable and small sized nd I went up half a size and cheap looking and cheaply made.  Of course, there was no information on where they came from or who to return too.  Shame on me, never again.  I'm out $40.

I never buy anything when I'm not familiar with the seller and can't easily return the item.I almost got scammed buying an alarm clock from a company website called 4alarmclocks dot com - not sure if they're still around but I just checked - and they get all BAD reviews. The clock was $70. + tax.They sent me a broken clock - and claimed I just didn't know how to set the alarm. I called my credit card company and they credited me.I then went to Walmart and bought the identical clock for $9. + tax it's still working - around 8 years later.

Respected Contributor

@RealtyGal2 

I didn't ask anyone's opinion. I simply stated mine: I believe that is permitted here.

and, thank you, I didn't know that no one cares about my opinion.  Guess that is why 13 folks took the time to click on a heart.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

I love, love FaceBook. It keeps me in touch with my friends in the Caribbean. It's so much fun talking to my friends on Whattsapp for free and sending messages through Messenger. Nothing better than that.  No more AT&T and all the other ripoff phone companies.