Honored Contributor

Am I the only one who just doesn't like todays styles in jewelry and fashion?

[ Edited ]

My closet is starting to look very old fashioned because I just can't find clothes or jewelry to buy. I go shopping and just go through the racks and say OH YUCK, then come home with nothing. I do not at all like the skinny everything nor the tops that are so long or else so tight or cut too low and revealing. I'm going to be 67 in a few days - I'm past wanting to show off my body. I want things that are flattering and comfortable. I do not find that I think skinny jeans and leggings are flattering on very many ladies. I also hate those cascading cardigans that all the QVC designers love to sell. Way too much fabric. I am saving a lot of money just wearing what I already own but my clothes are starting to wear out !!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Am I the only one who just doesn't like todays styles in jewelry and fashion?

I feel the same way.....not a fan of todays fashions

Honored Contributor

Re: Am I the only one who just doesn't like todays styles in jewelry and fashion?

The "sausage casing" look is just NOT for me.........................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

And don't even get me started on how much I dislike the huge , cheap gaudy jewelry that is everywhere now. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

My closet is starting to look very old fashioned because I just can't find clothes or jewelry to buy. I go shopping and just go through the racks and say OH YUCK, then come home with nothing. I do not at all like the skinny everything nor the tops that are so long or else so tight or cut too low and revealing. I'm going to be 67 in a few days - I'm past wanting to show off my body. I want things that are flattering and comfortable. I do not find that I think skinny jeans and leggings are flattering on very many ladies. I also hate those cascading cardigans that all the QVC designers love to sell. Way too much fabric. I am saving a lot of money just wearing what I already own but my clothes are starting to wear out !!

*********************************************May I suggest you go to a nice store and tell the associate what you do like and ask her to show you some things.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

And don't even get me started on how much I dislike the huge , cheap gaudy jewelry that is everywhere now. 

@151949   You mean those "tin can and rhinestone" necklaces?     EEEEK.......(well, maybe on teenagers......)  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

The frustrating thing, and I do feel like you when perusing the racks in B&Ms, is the fact that my clothing wears out in a year or two now. Woman Surprised And that with gentle wash and hang drying.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with you.  I keep waiting for styles to change but they seem to keep getting worse.  

Honored Contributor

And then there's flat hair with a part..............can't do that, either

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

I was standing in line at Kohl's Return counter, watching women come up and stand at the counter - women of all ages/sizes, many wearing the current style of skinny jeans/leggings and long flowing tops.  The line was long and I had over 20 minutes to study this look.  Decided it's a fashion look that is only cute on young, teenage girls!  For most women, it's not flattering at all.