Respected Contributor

Ever deal with someone who's always late and/or incorrect about getting something done at work, then they're always apologizing?  It's as if they think if they apologize, their track history of being late/incorrect will be forgiven.  Arrrrgggghhhhh!

formerly VCamp2748

Trusted Contributor

Re: Always Apologetic

[ Edited ]

Unless I HAVE to deal with them, as in family or business, I dump their backside out of my life.  No kidding.  People who are habitually late are showing a great deal of contempt for others.  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

After a while (a SHORT while for me!) those apologies tend to mean pretty much nothing, right?    

Why bother - you  don't mean it or you wouldn't keep doing the thing you do for which you have to apologize!    Seriously!

Sorry for the mini-rant.  This is one of the things that gets in my craw.

Honored Contributor

We've all had this happen to us.  Most people tend to run early or tend to run late because they "think" it doesn't take as long to do something as it really does.  

Time "needed" is totally an opinion.  Sometimes they'll make it, sometimes they won't!  GRRRRRRRRRRR

Honored Contributor

Unless it directly impacts me, I don't tend to worry about it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I cannot deal with people who are always late.

Their time is no more valuable than mine. 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Unless it directly impacts me, I don't tend to worry about it...

@stevieb  Wouldn't have mentioned it if it didn't 

Honored Contributor

I work with someone who is late to meetings 9 out of 10 times.  She always has some excuse related to how busy she is.  I attribute it to serious time management issues.  Sometimes because she was 15 minutes late to a 30 minute meeting, she runs the meeting over.  Drives me crazy.

Honored Contributor

brii wrote:

That's the thing for me.  They make it like their time is more valuable by not respecting yours.

I get that things happen and blah blah freaking blah.  But I think it's the people who are ALWAYS late and always do the same inconsiderate and disrespectful things who just become too much of a PITA to deal with.

When they don't actually care, I don't even want to have to listen to their 'I'm sorry' crapola.  It means nothing so just save it.  heh

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@brii wrote:

That's the thing for me.  They make it like their time is more valuable by not respecting yours.

I get that things happen and blah blah freaking blah.  But I think it's the people who are ALWAYS late and always do the same inconsiderate and disrespectful things who just become too much of a PITA to deal with.

When they don't actually care, I don't even want to have to listen to their 'I'm sorry' crapola.  It means nothing so just save it.  heh

I refuse to keep seeing a doctor or a dentist who is always late.  If they can't manage their office, they lose me. 

I understand things happen sometimes.  But when it happens consistently, I'm no longer interested...