Valued Contributor

I just looked out my kitchen window and one of my neighbors has already decorated his house with CHRISTMAS ORNMENTS and LIGHTS.

Nothing like rushng the season--maybe Sanat will come out for Halloween.

Honored Contributor

If you live in a freezing climate, you should put your lights up early.......you don't have to turn them on until "the season".......................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

My brother and his wife....who live in a suburb of Detroit...put their lights on about a week or two ago...while the weather was still nice...smart .....

Respected Contributor

I agree with the other posters' comments about putting the lights up while it's still nice weather & before it becomes risky to climb ladders.  However, I do think it is a bit early to turn them on.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, when would you rather put up holiday decorations on a house? Would you rather decorate a house when the weather is nice, or when it's cold, and snowing? Would you want to scale a ladder when it's cold and snowing, or when the weather is nice?

Well there you go.

That's why your neighbors put up their decorations now.

Smart.

Esteemed Contributor

I love looking at Christmas lights!

put up early, take down late   I know I'm the odd man out, but it makes me happy to my core!

Respected Contributor

However, I do not care for 'isicles' hanging from the rafters on the house exterior in July. Please don't mention Christmas in July because I really dont like that either.

Valued Contributor

I'm definitely a big believer in enjoying and celebrating each "holiday" separately.  For me, it's all about Halloween until November 1st... and then we're on to Bird Day!  I can't watch any Christmas movies until after that time either.   Elf was on the other day.  Really?  That's a favorite, but come on... waaaay too early.  I watched Hocus Pocus instead.  Woman Very Happy

But hey, I'd rather have your neighbor putting his lights up too early, as opposed to one of ours who still had his lights up in June last year, along with a giant lit billboard of a sign that said "Jesus is the Reason for the Season."  Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

That's really early

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that it's way too early to put up lights and ornaments.  And I realize that it's better for people to put up lights when the weather is not yet freezing, but I personally hate to see lights up this early EVEN if they aren't lit.  I also don't like to see the decorations and lights still up in February.