Valued Contributor

Re: All Network Channels, Why?

Our local networks carried usual programming
Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

Every station wants to report this story because it IS the major story of the day, and they know their regular viewers expect them to be covering it.

Do some of you expect them to say " hmmm...station xyz is covering this...so I guess we don't have to" ?

I agree with this!

They can't take turns and say: We'll get this one you get the next one.

They all compete and report.

That is the way it is.

Respected Contributor

I agree with O/P, enough is enough.  Remember that white Bronco OJ was in driving down the Interstate.  Over and over and over and over and over on TV.  

I would like a break and I can tune in as I feel.  

Prayers going out for the people directly involved. 

Super Contributor

Some people in this country do not have cable TV.   Their only means of news is via the networks (ABC, CBS & NBC).     

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

@september wrote:

Every station wants to report this story because it IS the major story of the day, and they know their regular viewers expect them to be covering it.

Do some of you expect them to say " hmmm...station xyz is covering this...so I guess we don't have to" ?

I agree with this!

They can't take turns and say: We'll get this one you get the next one.

They all compete and report.

That is the way it is.

I, too, agree with this.

I realize this is uncomfortable saying this, but....

the network/cable stations make a lot of revenue with stories like this.

They are a Ratings Medium...more viewers, more $$$.

Respected Contributor

Some days I wonder if a missle were being launched at us, people would complain about there being too much news coverage on the subject.

If it's so annoying, try turning off the TV or take one of those DVD thingies and insert it into your TV and watch a movie.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

Some days I wonder if a missile were being launched at us, people would complain about there being too much news coverage on the subject.

If it's so annoying, try turning off the TV or take one of those DVD thingies and insert it into your TV and watch a movie.

..or read a book, listen to music.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I agree with O/P, enough is enough.  Remember that white Bronco OJ was in driving down the Interstate.  Over and over and over and over and over on TV.  

I would like a break and I can tune in as I feel.  

Prayers going out for the people directly involved. 

Actually, I remember that very well.  I lived in Europe at the time, and was able to watch it live, on CNN.  But most European channels were also showing coverage of it. This was about 25 years ago?  I guess things haven't changed so much...and why should they?

Respected Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Some days I wonder if a missile were being launched at us, people would complain about there being too much news coverage on the subject.

..or read a book, listen to music.

Or learn to tap dance, sky dive, zipline.  The list goes on.Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Valued Contributor

The OP's complaint reminds me of a family member who began complaining on 9/12/01 about ABC not running All My Children.

Priorities people!