Honored Contributor

Re: All Network Channels, Why?

The thing is that I wanted to watch Jeopardy, not a movie or read a book or call a friend or take a walk...which I thought was made clear in the original post.

No where did I post that it shouldn't have been televised or that those in the area shouldn't want to watch non stop, only that the networks should have aired regular programing with a crawl at the bottom. 

Super Contributor

Strange you call this a California event, like something coming out of Hollywood.  I doubt the families of those killed or injured are feeling like it has been an event.  Perhaps you need to watch some of the new channels to realize what is in store for our country. 

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

The thing is that I wanted to watch Jeopardy, not a movie or read a book or call a friend or take a walk...which I thought was made clear in the original post.

No where did I post that it shouldn't have been televised or that those in the area shouldn't want to watch non stop, only that the networks should have aired regular programing with a crawl at the bottom. 

Well, for your sake at least be thankful the attack wasn't at the Jeopardy studio.  You'll likely  get to see it five days a week after this "annoyance" has passed.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Some days I wonder if a missile were being launched at us, people would complain about there being too much news coverage on the subject.

If it's so annoying, try turning off the TV or take one of those DVD thingies and insert it into your TV and watch a movie.

..or read a book, listen to music.

Or learn to tap dance, sky dive, zipline.  The list goes on.Woman LOL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think my eyes are getting tired.

I read this as "or learn to lap dance" at first    Smiley Very Happy

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Some days I wonder if a missile were being launched at us, people would complain about there being too much news coverage on the subject.

If it's so annoying, try turning off the TV or take one of those DVD thingies and insert it into your TV and watch a movie.

..or read a book, listen to music.

Or learn to tap dance, sky dive, zipline.  The list goes on.Woman LOL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think my eyes are getting tired.

I read this as "or learn to lap dance" at first    Smiley Very Happy

Also a good idea.  Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I am well aware what is happening not only in this country but around the world. I do watch the news as well as read online. The coverage by the media has and is being presented as an event, is Hollywood with the closeups, the long shots, and teary interviews.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I am well aware what is happening not only in this country but around the world. I do watch the news as well as read online. The coverage by the media has and is being presented as an event, is Hollywood with the closeups, the long shots, and teary interviews.

Odd.  I thought it was being presented as news.  With today's ability to communicate rapidly in a nanosecond, it avails citizens to be alert, take cover if necessary, relay the conditions of those wounded, actually find the perpetrators in a reasonable amount of time if police/FBI, etc. work together. and because they were caught, prevent yet another tragedy.  This is where modern communication comes as a blessing.

By the way, I enjoy Jeopardy too, but I will survive not seeing it or complaining about missing it for one night.   

Valued Contributor

California event? That is what you think of it? How sad!

Honored Contributor

@pugvette74 wrote:

California event? That is what you think of it? How sad!

I find it sad, too.  I don't think I ever saw anyone call the Boston Marathon bombings a "Massachusetts event", or 9/11 a "New York event". And I don't remember hearing anyone  complain about the news coverage, or that their regular programming got cancelled. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind toward another poster.