Valued Contributor

My daughter got hooked on them and started buying them for me and from my grandkids - I like pandora better- the Alex and Ani were of "mixed metals" whatever that was supposed to mean- and they were as expensive (and still are - maybe more so) that the pandora beads that I gotten from my husband. I DO wear them- but usually only when I'm going somewhere with my daughter and grandkids- I don't like to hurt anyone's feelings so I actually try to wear something from each of them- a necklace, a bracelet- a ring- just that I cover all the bases!

Contributor

@lmt wrote:

I have several Alex & Ani bracelets and a few rings, too. All of the charms/symbols have a special meaning for me. 

I haven't had any issue with tarnishing but I only started my collection about 4 years ago. I do like the 'shiny' silver finish over the Rafaelian silver finish. I also wish they would offer more choices in all three metal colors. I've seen so many bracelets that I would love to get but they're only offered in the rose or the gold finish which I don't care for.

If you go to the FAQ's on their website, it says that the bracelets are made from a BRASS base with silver or gold plating.

They do have some pieces that are sterling and some pieces that are gold plated over sterling.

Good info. Probably why they tarnish. :-(