Contributor

I see that Alex and Ani is an all day easy paytoday!  That would have really excited me a few years ago, but now, not as much.   I used to love buying this jewlery but i have noticed that the quality seems to to have changed....at least in my experience.   Have you noticed a differnece in this jewelery line since it became wildy popular?

Honored Contributor

Alex and Ani doesn't interest me.

Neither does Easy Pay.

I enjoy watching the designer silver shows, particularly JAI.

Trusted Contributor

@sweetkelly  I have bought bracelets for both my sister and daughter-in-law who both really like them.  It was a super trendy jewelry line when it was first introduced and perhaps the popularity here at QVC is just waning a bit.  However I have an Alex & Ani store in my local mall & the variety of styles there surpasses what's sold online here.

Honored Contributor

Re: Alex and Ani

[ Edited ]

@sweetkelly Perhaps your taste in jewelry has changed because there is always a huge vast of difference in quality in jewelry and an abundance at every level.   Or perhaps, your priorities have changed and this style, or any jewelry, may not be as important to you.   Easy pay has never enticed me.

Honored Contributor

I have at least 8 Alex and Ani bracelets, yet I have not worn one in over a year, they no longer have an appeal to me

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I have a couple

Contributor

Not a taste thing at all....it tarnishes faster than it used to and when I called about the  isues I was told to rememebr that it IS costume jewlerly......but not after a month or so and I am careful. It used to stay nicer for a longer time.    I have literally had to throw some of it away. Too expensive for that.

Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

@sweetkelly  I have bought bracelets for both my sister and daughter-in-law who both really like them.  It was a super trendy jewelry line when it was first introduced and perhaps the popularity here at QVC is just waning a bit.  However I have an Alex & Ani store in my local mall & the variety of styles there surpasses what's sold online here.

Around the time that my sons were marrying  my terrific daighters in law, I did a search of Alex and Ani for the bracelets that I was SURE I’D find, honoring each of them in their special, happy relationship with me.

No DIL bracelets. 

I contact the company and ask why, since practically every other female human in the Universe may be honored by a designated bracelet, there is NO bracelet for DIL.

I get the expected pointless non-specific blah blah blah response.

After REQUESTING MULTIPLE TIMES for FOUR YEARS, I got smart and stopped buying my DILS A&A.

Surely there MUST be other women in the world who LOVE their DILs as I do, BUT APPARENTLY A&A DOESN’T.

IMNHO, the quality of the bracelets hasn’t slipped at all, but the quality of marketing is non-existent.

Honored Contributor

@sweetkelly wrote:

Not a taste thing at all....it tarnishes faster than it used to and when I called about the  isues I was told to rememebr that it IS costume jewlerly......but not after a month or so and I am careful. It used to stay nicer for a longer time.    I have literally had to throw some of it away. Too expensive for that.

I “LITERALLY” have to throw out things that are hidden too long in the fridge, or develop holes in embarrassing places, or no longer s*ck the crumbs out of the rug, but I can’t think a tarnished bracelet could be so overwhelmingly repulsive that it would necessitate any handling more drastic than offering it to the Goodwill, especially since it IS fairly expensive, but we’re all different I guess.

Contributor

Yes..we are all different and I don't think comparing AA to refrigerated old food is quite the same thing. Enjoy your day.