Esteemed Contributor

Had to get out and get a few things at Aldi's.  Meats and bread are low.

I didn't even check the toilet paper aisle. I did get bananas, cream cheese

and hot dog rolls.

No wipes in sight. Glad I had them in my purse. But then at the register when

you are checking out you get the person's cart in front of you and I had no

time to pull out another wipe. Cleaned my hands the second time in the car.

One cashier on and a long line of at least 5 customers. They didn't have 

their act together for the virus. 

Not sure if all stores are like this, but be prepared and have enough wipes

with you when you shop.

Esteemed Contributor

No, my local Aldi is well stocked. Asked cashier to use my cart instead of switching. No problem.

Manager & staff present. 

Honored Contributor

My local Aldi's is always packed , so I avoid it. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Ours is a good store for buying the kitchen basics. I've not purchased meat, except for lunch meat. 

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Ours is a good store for buying the kitchen basics. I've not purchased meat, except for lunch meat. 

Totally depends on the store, @AuntG.

There's a little Aldi just 1.5 miles from me. Used to buy just the same few items there.

They remodeled the store, and reopened 18 months ago.

New everything, including the coolers and the manager, who has kept it new. She's also banished the loitering riff-raff.

I see corporate people there checking everything on Friday mornings.

I've bought organic beef, several beautiful cuts of fresh salmon, and pork/roasts & tenderloin.

I didn't buy fresh meat before the remodel. It just didn't seem quite as appetizing.

Probably phychological.

Honored Contributor

Haven't been to my Aldi's for a couple of weeks but I do have a list and they carry the wine I drink.

@AuntG   I do buy a lot of my meats at my Aldi's, never had any problems, I now get steelhead trout & salmon, both are always fresh not frozen. There isn't much of anyting I've passed up there including laundry detergent, dryer towels, I really like their brand os tissues (much better that kleenex brand). A few things I don't get there like chobani whole milk greek yogurt, Duke's mayo (although they do now sell hellmann's). They carry more & more organics which I love.

Here's an idea for the carts minus wipes - open your bags in the cart, put your groceries inside, have one or two empty bags, put in the other cart at checkout line for cashier to put groceries in.