Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:
Ailes ain't the only one that may be out of a job.

He made a career and a network that has been allowed to lie. To be able to exploit the 1st amendment's right to free speech and allow it to lie and distort the right to a free press. He has been a shill and a pig that uses women for his own gross, ugly gratification and his viewership.

I completely disagree with you, and I, as well as millions of other people, want to hear what Foxnews is reporting.  If you don't, just don't watch/listen to it.  From your assessment of it, I don't think you do anyway.

You may not want to watch it soon too yourself. 

The point of removing Ailes was to change the network - start reporting more honestly and less biased.

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:

He made a career and a network that has been allowed to lie. To be able to exploit the 1st amendment's right to free speech and allow it to lie and distort the right to a free press. He has been a shill and a pig that uses women for his own gross, ugly gratification and his viewership.

I completely disagree with you, and I, as well as millions of other people, want to hear what Foxnews is reporting.  If you don't, just don't watch/listen to it.  From your assessment of it, I don't think you do anyway.

The point of removing Ailes was to change the network - start reporting more honestly and less biased.

You are entitled to your opinion, without documentation. Which means absolutely nothing to me. 

I'll believe it when I see it, and not before I do.  And I'm not holding my breath either.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's political.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ailes Out at Fox?

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion, without documentation. Which means absolutely nothing to me. 

I'll believe it when I see it, and not before I do.  And I'm not holding my breath either.

@PearleeEnjoy it while it lasts! There has been a ton of reporting on the Murdoch sons (basically libs) and the direction they will be taking the company.

You read it here first - some hosts will be "leaving"...their time has come and gone. 

You don't have to work in the industry to see the writing on the wall.

I recall posts last week that you didn't believe Ailes was going to be forced out either - and mentioned an "on air announcement" that everything was normal (Ailes had already been banned from the building).

I sold and/ or bought advertising for clients on Fox News for almost 20 years - their entire existence. It was my job to watch and know what was going on.

Now I sell against Fox News, but I still watch - its good to know what all kinds of people and all news stations think. I do like Shep Smith...he's a real newsman.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

All of the news networks lie and are biased...CNN being one of the worst Fox is not worse one way or the other....
Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

I just read that article. Wow and double wow!! That surprised me. The whole thing is a surprise that it ever happened!!

Sexual harassment is all too common in some work environments, so none of it surprised me at all. 

And that's probably the saddest statement I'll make all day.  I wish I could be surprised by this, but my own experiences and those of my friends tell me not to be. One of my friends works in an office rampant with both racism and misogyny and her complaints have gone nowhere. She doesn't want to sue over it because she needs the job and working there with a lawsuit in progress would be even worse.

@ChynnaBlue- I handled employee conflict which included sexual harrassment and hostile workplace.  I really advice your friend to take action....it is against the law to retaliate.  She should check her employee handbook for the process in her Company.  She also may report to the EEOC, locally or federal; they too will tell her to go forward without fear of retaliation....that also includes lack of promotion or poor performance evaluations.  No woman or man need to endure such conditions today in the USA.  She doesn't have to sue. 

I have, @Stray. But the fact that retaliation is against the law doesn't mean it does not happen. These people are clearly not aware of or don't care about the existing laws about harassment or they wouldn't be making racist and sexist comments in the first place. And then she would have to document and endure that, as well while it all got sorted. The office she works in has no HR representative, either. The only HR reps are located in another office far away from her location.

@ChynnaBlue- I really don't know what she did or didn't do but they do have a published harrassment policy; she didn't follow that.  Today, with global businesses, it's not odd not to have an HR person and an HR person doesn't always handle these matters or at his level but there is usually an onbudsperson, EAP counselor or online process to report inpropriety.  I know retaliation still happens but men are well educated today as to what is right or wrong.  She seemed to be a difficult person to work with; she reported Doocy and he (Ailes) made a change for her....would someone like Ailes be so stupid to make inappropriate comments to her?  I don't know the answer if he did or didn't and if he did, she should receive damages but she weakened her case by reporting this after the fact at a "seemingly" convenient time.  I don't think she is a shrinking violet or meek....she is a well educated, savvy woman who did not have to be a victim if she was nor does any man or woman....yes, it's uncomfortable to do but once the process starts, you are protected by the organization and federal/state EEOC....a person of his wealth and fame, would not dare retaliate because that is hard evidence and the financial damages even higher....but, we will have to see how this plays out...

Please re-read, @Stray. My post was about my friend's situation, not Megyn Kelley's. I don't know her situation. You told me to advise my friend, not Megyn Kelley. The "she" in my post is my friend. My friend does not work for a global company with a large HR department or an ombudsman. She works for a small company that only operates in Texas. Many people work for small businesses where discrimination and harassment are more common because they lack a structured system to deal with them.

@ChynnaBlue- I wasn't talking about Megyn Kelly but GC and what weakens her case.  I worked for a large company but it was a "good old boy" network and launched my own complaint and subsequent investigation.  It wasn't easy nor comfortable.  People are protected by the EEOC and I understand smaller companies don't have process and may attempt retaliation.  I just don't think any man or woman should be subject to any type of harassment on a daily basis and be miserable and under that stress.  Yes, one can be fired but if the EEOC is notified and documentation is there, a person will get reinstated and receive damages....it may not be comfortable going back to work there but better than harassment daily which in the long wrong ends badly re job security. 

Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@ChynnaBlue- I really don't know what she did or didn't do but they do have a published harrassment policy; she didn't follow that.  Today, with global businesses, it's not odd not to have an HR person and an HR person doesn't always handle these matters or at his level but there is usually an onbudsperson, EAP counselor or online process to report inpropriety.  I know retaliation still happens but men are well educated today as to what is right or wrong.  She seemed to be a difficult person to work with; she reported Doocy and he (Ailes) made a change for her....would someone like Ailes be so stupid to make inappropriate comments to her?  I don't know the answer if he did or didn't and if he did, she should receive damages but she weakened her case by reporting this after the fact at a "seemingly" convenient time.  I don't think she is a shrinking violet or meek....she is a well educated, savvy woman who did not have to be a victim if she was nor does any man or woman....yes, it's uncomfortable to do but once the process starts, you are protected by the organization and federal/state EEOC....a person of his wealth and fame, would not dare retaliate because that is hard evidence and the financial damages even higher....but, we will have to see how this plays out...

@StrayI think you might be missing the point. Almost 10 years ago, the Murdoch sons became alarmed about the direction the station was going in and wanted Ailes removed. In the power struggle, Rupert sided with Ailes and one of his sons too another job.

Now Rupert has turned the reins of his company over to his kids - he is transitioning, spending time with his new wife and getting out of the biz. His sons want Ailes out and want to change the direction of the news networks.

When women started speaking up, after 20 years of harassment from Ailes, the sons had the opening they needed to remove him - finally.

BTW - Ailes has retaliated against people his whole life - in every situation imaginable. He presided over Dirty Tricks back in the 70s.

I cannot even begin to understand how people defend him.

@terrier3- I have never defended Ailes....I handled employee conflict in my job and had been a victim of it myself.  I have consistently said if he did it, he should pay damages and be fired.  I have learned not to pre judge.  Ailes has a home in the next town and I see him frequently and am not a fan.  I am not saying GC was not telling the truth but her time in  reporting makes me suspicious....there are laws protecting her and she is very savvy and most likely knows them....I don't know what Ailes did or did not do in the past re harassment but Ailes has not gotten along with the sons for years and a lot has to do with business, direction and personality clash.  He was bought out of his contract because the longer it goes on is a public relations nightmare for Fox, a distraction and above all expensive for Fox legally.  Their insurance will pay out GC if Ailes is found guilty so no skin off their nose....they are paying for expensive legal consultants and a bevy of other consultants.  The Murdoch brothers don't care about GC or guilt or innocence of Ailes....it's about business and money and an excuse to get rid of someone they don't like and the old guard and old stale ideas.  They aren't siding with GC nor do they care.....harassment suits are bad business.  

I would never condone harassment but I never judge prima facie nor by what I read or learn about a person outside the legal written facts.  GC wants this very public but a person should not be judged by the press when prominent, that is a basic legal right...her handling of the situation and under the advice of her publicity hound attorneys, well, she has made a big mistake....she lost round one already as it was kicked back to NY Federal Court, I believe,  and the laws are different there; she filed in NJ for a reason but the harassment took place in NY .....and, NY Federal is busy and will probably kick it to arbitration....I have found most arbiters fair but they can't be swayed like a jury nor do they pre judge people like the public as demonstrated on this thread.  I don't know if he did it in the case of GC...i am suspicious of GC and why she let the situation go on while her career was going fine but now that she is disgruntled, reports it....red flag

he may be a serial offender but I don't know that and we are speaking of GC only in this case...in psychology, you predict future behavior by past behavior but not in the legal sense or court of law....the most despicable person deserves a day in court and has nothing to do with innocence or guilt but that is our justice system. 

I will leave the determination to the legal system.  i look at it from the prospective of one who has handled hundreds if not thousands of such complaints; I was known to be fair and was put on the team because I was harassed but didn't carry bias in my work.  I used a process, was guaranteed no retaliation and went on to become very successful in my career for many more years.  There is no reason for any woman or man to endure hostile work place nor harassment daily....nor fear retaliation.  Apparently, many are still fearful and that's rather sad....no one should be a victim.  

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:

All of the news networks lie and are biased...CNN being one of the worst Fox is not worse one way or the other....

CNN has Michael Smerconish, IMO one of the best in the business.  I think there is no one more fair on the air (or anywhere else).

Anderson Cooper does a fine job as well.

I really can't say the same for most of what I've seen on FOX.

Except for Shep.  He's their only ray of light.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political