Honored Contributor

Watching cnn, i just pray people took their pets with them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Once the flood waters receede in Huston, there will be much clean up to do.

I feel for those who don't have flood insurance because even with that insurance, it is costly to tear everything down to the studs, and to rebuild.

The emotional trauma of this will last long after Harvey is gone.

I'm certainly no expert on these kinds of things, but my guess is many people will simply walk away from their homes. Even with insurance, rebuilding will be a long and drawn out affair, and many won't have the additional funds to sustain themselves during a rebuild, let alone pay for the fixing up.

And many of their jobs will be gone or down for a long time. 

I think like in Katrina, many people will simply walk away (maybe on a smaller scale) but the economic impact of this will devastate many many people. 

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

Picture on FB residents of nursing home sitting in flood waters💙

if it was the one in Dickinson TX (Kimberly Mcintosh daughter put on social media) they have been rescued.  National Guard sent a helicopter.

Timothy J. McIntosh @DividendsMGR

La vita Bella nursing home in Dickinson Texas is almost underwater with nursing home patients

Please know for those that may not be aware, these blessed souls have been rescued and are now safe . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe,

Thanks goodness they were rescued. I just can't imagine what it must be like. I hope they got the kitties, too.Heart

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@momtochloe,

Thanks goodness they were rescued. I just can't imagine what it must be like. I hope they got the kitties, too.Heart

@SilleeMeeI took care of my mom for a long time and she had one of those rolling chairs that one of the seniors is sitting on in the picture . . . it is gutwrenching seeing that photo and thinking of my mom sitting in water up to her waist and there was nothing I could do to help.

Continued good thoughts and prayers for our Texas friends and God bless each and every one of those folks helping especially the volunteers that are stepping out of their every day life to lend a hand to literally save lives!  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

You've got to wonder how organized relief efforts might be.  Does FEMA even still exist or has it been eliminated?   We may be ill-prepared for a disaster of this magnitude. 

FEMA exists and prepositions emergency supplies but often man can't predict Acts of God....they were as prepared as they can be....it's the moving of the supplies from an area not at risk to the disaster area that is often the issue.  My heart and prayers go to the fine people of Houston and for the many people on the scene trying to help. 

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder how many bodies they are going to find after the flood waters receede.

QVC Customer Care
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC controversial/political

Trusted Contributor

@Plaid Pants2

It's probably going to take many, many years to rebuild.

They are still rebuilding on the East Coast from Sandy.  And that happened five years ago Smiley Sad