Honored Contributor

Re: Advice for a flight cancellation

[ Edited ]

my grand daughter is in college also out of state, but she does not come home unless it is for normal class breaks during the school year.

she lives close enough for a 4 hour car drive one way but still long drive if anyone has to pick her up.

that is why it is risky for any college student to come  home on a 2=3 day quick break.

airlines are not as accomodating as they once were . I would say expect this often more and more as the airlines charge more, cancel flights willy-nilly.

what about a train ride back to college? is that a thought or not anywhere close to train station.

hope he is able to get all class work caught up and professors understand.

Honored Contributor

Re: Advice for a flight cancellation

Thank you so much for your concern and advice everyone! He goes to school pretty far away - an 18-hour non-stop drive, so driving or trains are out.  He doesn't get home that much. This is his last year - thank goodness, although I have a feeling his after-college plans will take him away from our area again!

He flies Frontier Airlines. I've heard the stories from others, but we've never had a problem until now. If you can fit into their schedule you're OK, but he has come home on other airlines if he has to. Until this past time, they always had a flight on Sunday. That seems to be over. Since he was used to Frontier, he went ahead and booked Monday morning after talking to the professor of his first class (who was OK with it).

He is flying Wednesday morning. All but one of his professors have had him in class before, so they know him. He's a conscientious student, and he doesn't like missing, but there's nothing he can do. He spent tonight having dinner with a high school friend, and since we didn't have him much this past weekend, I asked if we could have him for dinner tomorrow night! Smiley Very Happy