Honored Contributor

There is a program out there for the kids who have not gotten their proper graduation and it is running great, we dropped a package off yesterday and the girl was very thankful.

There is also a program running in NY State, I was floored when I see a girl attach her Amazon wish list which included hair stuff, posters, house fans for 60 and 90 dollars, a video game set for over $300, along with many other high ticket items.

I am not sue if this was a joke or not and if not Wow is all I can say

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox 

When you said "adopt a senior" , I thought you meant adopt a senior citizen, and not a senior who is graduating high school.😄

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819  that's what I thought as well!

Trusted Contributor

If staying at home in order to keep the virus from spreading is going to disrupt these poor, pampered darlings from their graduation and they're going to have long-term consequences, so be it. What will they do when they graduate from college and have to face the real world????

Honored Contributor

And I thought the OP was referring to senior rescue dogs.

Honored Contributor

I'm old, but, still good looking. Anybody can adopt me !

expensive.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Have to admit I find this a bit odd.

Valued Contributor

Actually, it's not a bad idea to adopt a senior citizen.  I do worry about our older neighbors.  

Frequent Contributor

When people create wedding registries they do the same thing -- put super-expensive items on them and hope that people buy the things for them.

I think for a lot of people a wish list is just that: a list of things you wish for. My Amazon list has a bunch of "frivolous" and expensive things on it, but I use it as a "I would like this" and kind of a "save up for this" list. Maybe that's what that girl is doing. Or maybe she is hoping for several people to get her something expensive together. Or maybe her parents or grandparents (who often spend a lot on graduation gifts) will be buying off her wish list, too.

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

And I thought the OP was referring to senior rescue dogs.

I thought it was cats. LOL Cat Very Happy