Esteemed Contributor

Re: Active Shooter Not Located

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe  I was let go over 10 years ago on a job because I missed worked because I had an auto immune disease.  I had only a little money in the bank but I did not turn around and want to harm anyone.  I just don't understand these people that take revenge.  It seems like they are evil.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 I am so sorry that company treated you so poorly as many do these days.  I guess loyalty doesn't count for much anymore.  I worked for a company that had a problem employee that was always assigned to my team because no one else could work with him.  To say he took years off of my life is an understatement.  I found out after I left that he had threatened many people in the company including me and their response was to post a "No Guns Allowed Beyond This Point" sign at the reception desk.  They never told me my name was mentioned in the threat and finally fired him after I left as they couldn't deal with him.  They added additional security for months after he was fired.  Today is hard to watch unfold as that could have been me.  I truly wish we could have a rational conversation about this workplace violence before more are lost.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@momtochloe  I was let go over 10 years ago on a job because I missed worked because I had an auto immune disease.  I had only a little money in the bank but I did not turn around and want to harm anyone.  I just don't understand these people that take revenge.  It seems like they are evil.

@Katcat1.  Whatever happened to just cussing your (ex) boss out when you're let go from a job?  So much neater than shooting him.  I'm sure it's got something to do with the entitlement attitude many people have nowdays.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1.  Whatever happened to just cussing your (ex) boss out when you're let go from a job?  So much neater than shooting him.  I'm sure it's got something to do with the entitlement attitude many people have nowdays.

@Kachina624  I'm not sure if it's entitlement or isolation.  So many people are so alone and aren't connected to real people each day.  I'm not saying they don't interact with physical people on a given day but they aren't connecting with them.  We used to share meals together, gather with family and friends together, worship together.  That doesn't happen nearly as often as it used to and I think people are falling through the cracks.

Honored Contributor

I am thankful that no police officers were killed.  They have family and children and keep us safe from harm everyday.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Five people were killed, 5 police officers also shot, These shootings , just never make sense.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

While in College, I applied for a part time position at a place where they produced paint.  It was strange security routine just approaching the building.  I had to sign in,with an armed guard, each door had a buzzer.  etc.  I didn't take the job, but afterwards I found out the reason for the extra security.  A disgruntled employee got fired and came back with a gun and killed several other employees including the manager who fired him. I tell you I went cold when I read that.  the man who interviewed me would have been my direct boss.   He was the one who offered me the job, but I just couldn't take it.  It was so morbid!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

No...it probably has ‘to do’ with a gun.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Kachina624  I'm not sure if it's entitlement or isolation.  So many people are so alone and aren't connected to real people each day.  I'm not saying they don't interact with physical people on a given day but they aren't connecting with them.  We used to share meals together, gather with family and friends together, worship together.  That doesn't happen nearly as often as it used to and I think people are falling through the cracks.

people are alone and lonely all over the world, yet it's only the U.S. that has a mass shooting problem.