Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I appreciate that @Drythe.  I would hate to need bail for rubbing anyone out.  Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

@Laura14

Perhaps we could pay your bail on EzPay!

No, best not to go that route.

I refuse to answer the M______. F_____ question.  I figure if the doc I’m going in to see can’t figure it out I should go home!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe  Truth! 

Although I really wanted to ask why they are assesing mental health in a physical health facility?  If I am nuts, wouldn't that be a different doctor with a different degree?  The medical community should not tempt me to play with them like this.  At some point, I just know it's going to happen and I'll be posting from the corner of a bad hospital wing.  

Trusted Contributor

Just viewed the video. Oh my, that really touched my heart...  very moving...

Honored Contributor
@Laura14
A basic mental health screen for risk of harm to self or others should be part of any patient assessment. It is typically just a couple of questions.
Honored Contributor

I had four pages @bikerbabe.  And I can't believe anyone really commits to honesty when answering it.  Unfortunately.  

Frequent Contributor

The Cleveland Clinc recently fired a first year resident.  Terrible what that doctor said and very glad she was fired but worried of where she will be working again.  

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cleveland-clinic-resident-fired-over-threat-to-give-jews-wrong-meds-went-...

Honored Contributor

Very powerful video.    I can't begin to recall how many times I've been in a hospital as an in-patient, out-patient, seeing about dying parents, early babies, other life crises literally all my life.    I cannot put myself in anyone shoes, any more than someone can travel in mine.   But what I have learned is that everyone has a story.   Everyone.

No matter what someone looks like , what they are wearing, there's a story.   And everyone needs at the very least respect if not empathy.  Life is tough and every little victory has to be celebrated.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Could they share that with other medical facilities? 

I was just saying yesterday to someone that I am not a human to any of my medical peeps.  I am a faceless statistic. We were talking about a scare I had years ago and how unempathetically it was handled.  

My doctor is great.  The organization behind her, not so much.  And there is only so much a doctor can do without the support of provider. 

The latest now is a survey they have you fill out that just goes into the computer.  No one looks at it.   I left half of it blank and the nurse came back and said I had to at least answer the mental health question.  I almost wanted to ask her what she would do if I choose the worst answer possible for it.  I was very tempted to pull that card just for fun.    

Always love your posts, you are intelligent and feisty.  I like the feisty part a whole lot. Woman Very Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  Wow thank you! 

I've gotten a lot of compliments lately around the boards and I really appreciate that.  Just about everyone here is a pleasure to post with too.  Smiley Very Happy