Valued Contributor

I think hers was sports bets in 2001 and she was  never tried for it-

Prior to that I don't think she had any -and she  worked for a school after that which I don't think would allow her to if she  couldn't pass a CORI -

not a saint maybe but I don't think his homelife was THAT horrifc that he became a thug/murderer  because of it

that's all I am saying -

Honored Contributor

I see nothing wrong with discussing current events but some posters are straight out of the National Enquirer! Is it a race to get the horrible stories in?

BTW young and old commit murders!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

When some (not all) have led a charmed and privileged life - great career, lots of fame and money, everything they want at their disposal, no consequences, etc., they have a tendency to believe they can get away with anything.  NO ONE is above the law.

I feel for his victims' families and the folks he left behind.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

what are you  referring to?

Super Contributor

HOPE HE SUFFERED

Esteemed Contributor

Just read he may not have killed himself.  Of course news is hard to believe these days.  I would rather watch the shopping channels, reruns or cartoons.

Valued Contributor

I would like to know if smeone is charged with his murder will Jose Baez represent them????

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

afterall there are no real murderers in Jose's book anyway right? Just cirumstances that kill other people..

Valued Contributor

Due to Mass. law he will no longer be a convicted murderer. The conviction will be set aside because he was in the appeal process. He is a free man, under the law, as soon as the paperwork is filed.

Strange end to his story...

Honored Contributor

I don't know where Daily Mail got the information that Tom Brady was any kind of mentor for Hernandez. I've never heard that and I'm a Pats fan and watched most of the first trial.  I think he likely treated him the way he would treat any teammate. Most stories say that Hernandez distanced himself from teammates. He was living a double life early on. His rookie year for the Pats he was 19, 20 years old and the youngest player in the NFL at the time.

Tom Brady not going to the WH probably is due to his mother-hadn't heard she's in the hospital, I hope not. Just heard that she is in town visiting him. Could be for other reasons too. Several players aren't attending today.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@garmer wrote:

Due to Mass. law he will no longer be a convicted murderer. The conviction will be set aside because he was in the appeal process. He is a free man, under the law, as soon as the paperwork is filed.

Strange end to his story...

Yeah, very strange archaic law, but, the victims' families can still sue his estate - or what's left of it!