Trusted Contributor

Re: ATTENTION: Your IP Address has been compromised

Check out some of the videos by Jim Browning on YouTube. He turns the tables on the scammers, such as getting into their computers and taking over their web cams.

jim browning youtube.JPG

Honored Contributor

I've also been getting a Medicare one that I ignore.

Respected Contributor

Another scam is they use YOUR name on the call info....like I am calling myself to scam me. Or they want you to think it's your DH etc and if you don't check the number they gotcha. Also they yell in the answering machine "It's ME! Answer!"   don't. Or they call and let it ring 3 times then hang up and call back....guess that's some secret code or something. UGH!

Esteemed Contributor

Watch out for that one- it was on the news tonight abt scanner trying to get the new ID # on the new Medicare cards . They say that scammers  call from numbers that might be one digit off from your real Doctors office when they call Medicare patients . Well, if they can know who your Doctor is then the  hacking of  many medical systems along with  the federal goverment Medicare program  is far far more prevalent that what  us tax payers  have been  told. Seems to me  that  from here on all of us are  going to be hounded by  potentail hackers  because   it's far too late because of  all these  hacks of Social security #'s, Medicare  and health care companies  and banks .

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Yea, it seems as though they keep trying another scam  on us all  hoping that one will stick like a spaghetti strand to a wall .   My husband & I had the student loan  call . We laugh because we both attended college so long ago that our  education was  much cheaper than now - I remember  it was only  $15 a credit  hr  and my Husband and I paid for our eduaction in cash - all paid off at graduation .