Honored Contributor

I'm only thinking that it's (allegedly) mostly all about making sales and commissions. 

Generally speaking, not naming companies:

Drumming up more unnecessary work to bill the customer.  

Well, wishing all well.  Customers and employees.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain 

My mindset was the same as when I owned and operated my own business.

Two older women came in with large bags, nothing unusual because I was down the block from a highly popular Chinese restaurant.   They told me they just came in to look.  So that was fine but about 2 minutes later there was an older man that came in and asked about this and that, led me over to a display on the far wall and then the women walked out and about 2 minutes later the man walked out.  Needless to say, I lost about $250 worth of merchandise due to my stupidity.  

Same happened with a father and his 2 sons, that wasn't much money but sad to see that he's teaching his sons it's OK to steal.

Countless instances like this just brought me back to yesterday, a salesperson keeping my friend busy while the tech decides he can roam the house and then when the salesman leaves, the tech runs over to him?  Something wasn't right.

Thats all. This is my house, not everything is "locked up".

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago I had a Time Warner repair guy come to house to fix an TV issue.  He asked to use restroom and I said yes.  But next time I talked to a customer service person, she asked if I was pleased with service etc. I mentioend the restroom request and she had a fit!  She told me that under no circumstances is a repair person allowed to ask or use a customer's restroom!  She said she would look into it!

Have to say, the bathroom request was a first, weird and a bit off!  In the past, have always had service people tell me they 'have to go get something from the warehouse'.  Always thought they probably had to go to the bathroom!

I don't like people in my home either. What I do - when alone and need someone to come inside -  is talk on the phone as I answer the door. Always say - loudly - the blank blank person from blank blank company - is coming in to fix issue. Sometimes, I keep talking on phone or fake it!