Esteemed Contributor

Is it my imagination that AS IS prices are going up?  Always my favorite place to buy, seems I will just have buy somewhere else.  

Honored Contributor

I commented within a thread awhile ago about this.  As-is prices aren't the bargain they used to be unless there is only a couple of sizes/colors left, in the case of clothing.  Now it's hardly worth taking a chance. 

Respected Contributor

I noticed that too.  Not your imagination.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Not your imagination - there are already several threads about the price increases across the board, not just in "As Is".

Everything I have in my wishlist went up, even regular, full-priced items, so I'm not buying anything at the moment.  Raising the prices on items already in stock, whether they're clearance or new, is impossible to justify.  It's not as if QVC is being charged more after the fact.

New, incoming items?  Okay.  Otherwise, no.

Honored Contributor

Re: AS is prices going up??

[ Edited ]

Maybe because it will be the end of the second quarter of the year at the end of June, and QVC wants to look good on their financial reports to their stockholders....So they are trying to grab every dollar they can....But what they don't realize that they may make a few extra dollars on items sold, BUT they are going to have sales overall.............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

Agree with you and prices going up on everything. Really there are no more bargins. Guess just have to shop some place else.  Hate going to the malls.

Honored Contributor

ALL prices are going up everywhere here ....  have you priced gasoline or groceries lately?

Trusted Contributor

@Peaches McPhee, LOVE your name. I totally agree. Had a couple of items on my wish list. Just checked both items, recently added, have increased by $2. Know that is not a large hike. However, s&h plus return fees do not decrease.I am becoming more careful as to my purchases. Send a few items back due to sizes etc. and fees are really adding up. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't do malls.  Only one around here and nothing but closing stores.  And what is left is selling what looks like left over junk.  I am an online shopper and have been for a long time. I like to shop Zulily (part of QVC I am told), Walmart in the store and  online, Costco in the store and online.  I shop  by color and design and people never know the difference.  Hopefully I cleverly put things together and look and feel like I paid plenty. 

Valued Contributor

Prices are up, new "as is" items are much more limited and all kinds of things in the Home section that I have never seen before!