Respected Contributor
On 7/2/2014 pupcakes said:

No, I don't have 4 million $$$.

Druggies would kill you for $4.

Respected Contributor
On 7/2/2014 Issiestorm said:

Certainly not afraid of anyone in my family, but up till the end of last September I was renting a studio in a private home. The woman who was my landlord has several murderers in her family, a niece who has served her time (she murdered two children when she was 18) and is now free, and her brother who murdered his wife and is in jail. This niece had a son who last summer murdered two relatives of the woman he had married. He then was driving this way (where I lived) but stopped at a homeless encampment and murdered a homeless man, then killed himself. After the fact, I found out that he was on his way to where I live(d) to confront more family members in this area. I have since moved out of that house.

That would make a good Lifetime Movie. I'm not joking either.

Honored Contributor
On 7/2/2014 DoubleDog2 said:
On 7/2/2014 jubilant said:

I found out a couple of years ago when my DH had to be hospitalized that I was more afraid than I thought. I had never spent a night alone since we have been married. My daughter knew how exhausted I was and offered to send one of my teenage grandson's over but I said no. Poor decision on my part. I heard every noise you could hear and more! I thought I needed to be "brave" and be a "biggy girl"...instead I was over the top just plain scared. I think if I had my big "Aussie" I wouldn't have been so scared. If I am left alone one day, I am pretty sure I will have to get a BIG dog. I do have "protection" in the house but I don't keep it loaded.

I have a big dog. And my "protection" IS loaded. Empty protection is nothing more than a club.

I did get up and load it while he was gone but I keep it unloaded due to grandkids. Also, it doesn't have a safety on it.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Super Contributor
On 7/1/2014 SydneyH said:

No, though stats show you are more likely to be killed by a family member or close friend.

True, because who else could get that angry other than someone who knows you? That's why the spouse is always the first suspect. Wink

Respected Contributor

There are family members that I don't trust at all, but I'm not terrified of them.

Super Contributor
On 7/2/2014 mima said:
On 7/2/2014 Issiestorm said:

Certainly not afraid of anyone in my family, but up till the end of last September I was renting a studio in a private home. The woman who was my landlord has several murderers in her family, a niece who has served her time (she murdered two children when she was 18) and is now free, and her brother who murdered his wife and is in jail. This niece had a son who last summer murdered two relatives of the woman he had married. He then was driving this way (where I lived) but stopped at a homeless encampment and murdered a homeless man, then killed himself. After the fact, I found out that he was on his way to where I live(d) to confront more family members in this area. I have since moved out of that house.

That would make a good Lifetime Movie. I'm not joking either.

Naturally I never knew anything about all this when I first moved in. Then one day the landlady introduced me to her sister who was visiting and after the sister had gone she told me that two of her children were murderers. She said she and her three children all were terrified of the homicidal niece but she claimed to still love her. Then last summer this latest horror happened with the niece's son committing those murders.

Honored Contributor

just bee: Yes, we have to be very, very careful driving now-a-days. The texting is really nerve-wracking to me, anyway. So much danger all around us, and I'm sick and tired of seeing people looking down while they are driving at fast speeds on fast freeways. Weaving in and out, etc. How can a human being be so addicted to a small contraption? And exactly what are they 'talking' (texting) about? Something very important in the world? A medical cure or invention of some kind?

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

lssiestorm: I would contact 48 Hours Mystery. That would be an excellent episode.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I can't say I'm afraid, but I'm cautious.

Super Contributor
On 7/2/2014 ROMARY said:

lssiestorm: I would contact 48 Hours Mystery. That would be an excellent episode.

Agree Romary, but my former landlady would probably try to sue me. She'd know where that came from. BTW, in my first post when I mentioned 'her brother' I meant the brother of the homicidal niece (the brother who had killed his wife), not the landlady's brother.