Honored Contributor

Moto wrote:

Note that the original comment was this is her ISP (Internet Service Provider). That service is not free - it is how she connects her computer to the internet. The AOL email service is free, however.

That's how I saw it but I figured I must have been confused, since everybody else thought that the ISP was free, as well as having free type email.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

when aol became free i quickly cancelled my service but still continued to use aol for my email and homepage. i also have a few other emails that are not attached to aol at all.  i do believe it is much better to use an isp/internet provider that has a physical office to go to in case of problems, especially if there are equipment and service problems.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Alijoi5....my husband has had the same problems with paypal.  Whenever he buys something from an auction site now, he sends in a money order.  

Honored Contributor

@AliJoi5   Ali, I think a lot of people had a similar problem with PayPal because the got their hand slapped pretty hard by some federal agency.

I had signed up for a Gmail account some time ago but never used it.  I rolled it out last night.  Whenever someone sends me an email to my AOL addy, it's returned to them as undeliverable.  Maybe I'll get rid of some spam.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Wow, really??  I did not know that.  GOOD!!!

Honored Contributor

I just looked it up. Aol does not provide high speed internet services, and only limited dial up.

Is the op talking about her aol mail?

Trusted Contributor

Oh dear...I am probably guilty of the same offense.  How many messages did they consider to be too many messages saved?  Is there a magic number of messages that suddenly make you a message hoarder?

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.