Valued Contributor

Re: AOL: Was Camilla Behind William's and Kate's Breakup?

I believe William and Catherine broke up briefly while they were students at St. Andrews.  That's probably what the book is referring to.

Honored Contributor

@Melvin-QVC

Since this is a book of fiction,

maybe this thread would be better suited

for the Book Club sub-forum.

Honored Contributor

I think they are a lovely couple with a beautiful family. I seriously doubt they care all that much about what Camilla says or does.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:
Spoiler

Kate is also pregnant with twin girls - or one baby - due in December.

Riiiight. Like she'd decide to travel to Canada, with two toddlers and a history of morning sickness, almost 7 mos pregnant - which of course wouldn't show at all.

I give about as much credence to most of the Royal Family gossip as I do to Elvis being alive, including this latest.

I think Camilla is probably neither too intelligent nor a kind & generous person, and loves the sauce, let's just say, but the really outlandish tabloid kwap reflects more on who buys it wholesale than anything else.

@Moonchilde

Well said, as usual.  

Might I add, just IMO of course, that she gives the impression of lacking what one might call class.

;-) @Drythe I just googled, and Horsef... Camilla is the daughter of an Army officer and mother who was a member of the minor peerage. Not all that above Princess Kate, in actuality. Neither commoner nor true gentry, but minor gentry. But...you know...better than - gasp! -TRADE!

I suspect that tell-alls from futute retired servants will be fascinating if even a tenth is true.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

More gossip?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Why would Camilla be jealous of the Duchess of DoLittle?

Esteemed Contributor

Funny thing..I was thinking all we needed was an expert on the subject and, VOILA! 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Snort.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It just depends on what you read written by whom.  I've read that Camilla and the queen are very good friends.  I've seen them riding in carriages together having what appeared to be an animated, friendly conversation.

Did you know that in the royal hierarchy, as wife of the immediate heir to the throne, Camilla out ranks Kate.  According to protocol,  Kate must curtsy to her UNLESS they are in the presence of William.  I bet that rubs her the wrong way.

Camilla does outrank her, and it has been reported that she and the Queen are quite close.  To be honest, Camilla is the only one I find remotely interesting in that strange crew.........

QVC Customer Care