Valued Contributor
I never iron and it would be a deal breaker unless it was something very, very special.
Valued Contributor
I can’t imagine myself ironing sheets, pillow cases and dish towels 😂. Anyone who knows me would think I finally lost it. Lol
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ANYONE IRON ?

[ Edited ]

Nope. Don't even own an iron. I purposefully look items that don't need to be ironed. In fact, if an item interests me I will scrunch it up in the store, if it wrinkles, it stays in the store. I also don't buy anything that needs to be dry cleaned either. 

Honored Contributor

Can't remember the last time I ironed.  Maybe 2 years ago?  Not sure.  I hang up natural fibers clothes.  They never go in to the dryer.  The rest do.  They keep pretty well.  Since my husband works at home (as do I) we wear casual clothng we never iron. There really isn't a need.  I don't own 100% linen.

Respected Contributor

If it needs to be ironed, it stays in the store.  I ironed enough of my and my younger sisters' long-sleeved school blouses and my dad's work shirts for a lifetime.

DH loves to iron!  He even irons his khakis and other slacks after I take them off the no-iron pant stretchers !  He used to drop off large bundles of long sleeved shirts at the cleaners; however, he will do a load of them at home and gets around to iron them when he wants.  The shirts are hung on hangars under the stairs in the red room so I don't have to look at them.  His ironing board and iron are set up close by out of general sight.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

I iron.  I think most clothing looks a lot better when it is pressed.  I can't imagine not ironing.  

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Hanging wrinkled clothes in a steamy bathroom works for me to.  No need to "sprinkle" as someone in this thread mentioned.

I miss Chinese laundries.....

That's what I used to do if I was running late for work. Hang my outfit on the shower rail to steam while I showered. It's a good trick for travelling too.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

Didn't QVC used to sell a wrinkle release spray years ago?  
I never bought it, so have no idea if it actually worked. Anyone? 

Honored Contributor

No. Well, maybe once a year for a wedding outfit or such.

Honored Contributor

@Pezzie wrote:

Didn't QVC used to sell a wrinkle release spray years ago?  
I never bought it, so have no idea if it actually worked. Anyone? 

They probably had to stop because too many people kept spraying it on their faces. Woman Very Happy

(Just kidding)

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr