Trusted Contributor

It would be a deal breaker for me, I have a uniforms for work that need to be ironed and those go to the cleaners.

Contributor
I haven’t ironed in years. I do the same thing somebody else mentioned, spray with a water bottle (hot water works best) then hang the item on the shower curtain rod. I also have one of those handheld steamers I use once in a while.
Esteemed Contributor

I iron. Once I found the Rowenta iron it was a breeze. I don't have an issue with ironing work.dress clothes but I prefer not to have to iron casual clothes. 

Respected Contributor

I haven't ironed in years. If something is wrinkled I use my Joy Mangano little steamer.

Respected Contributor

I don't mind ironing. Don't like wearing wrinkled clothes. Even iron my bed sheets. Which makes a HUGE difference!! Love the feel of freshly washed, ironed sheets.

Honored Contributor

Everything is ironed every week, Saturday or Sunday afternoon.  None of my clothes even jeans go into the dryer except very old sweat pants.   All line dried and all ironed including new plain jane tee shirts.  My clothes lasts for decades staying out of the dryer.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ANYONE IRON ?

[ Edited ]

i grew up in the 60's...my mom made me iron pillowcases....but never dish towels!!!  but i do remember ironing my hair!!! idon't know if i still own an iron!!!

Honored Contributor

When DH worked the place had a VERY STRICT dress code,so I ironed his dress shirts, Now that we are both retired I hardly ever iron.

Funny story: Our granddaughter is 23 now,when she was about 3 she was spending the day with us and I had some ironing to do. She asked me what I was doing.

Respected Contributor

I never iron if I can help it.  I might iron a hem if I shorten pants or a dress but that's it.  This would be a few times a year.

Honored Contributor

Hanging wrinkled clothes in a steamy bathroom works for me to.  No need to "sprinkle" as someone in this thread mentioned.

I miss Chinese laundries.....

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif