Super Contributor

Call me nuts, but I love to iron.   I find it relaxing. I iron more in the summer, because I wear a lot of cotton. Doesn't  other me. I have the ironing board in the basement where its cooler.

Trusted Contributor

@beckyb1012 

You just described my laundry operation.  Lol

Honored Contributor

@Pezzie  Just about everything needs a little ironing.  I have a few pieces that do not require ironing but that's it.  I still purchase if you need to iron.  You can always send to the laundry where they will wash and iron for you.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

No, not a deal breaker, I love to iron.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry, but what is this iron of which you speak?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I iron.  Don't like to but I iron my husband's work shirts and some shirts for myself and my daughter.  I tried a steamer once, didn't work one bit.

Honored Contributor

I hate ironing but it wouldn't keep me from buying clothing I really wanted. If it's a real hard to iron piece, I'll take it to the cleaners.  

Valued Contributor

I loathe ironing, but it's not a dealbreaker.  I am so happy that I bought a small hand held steamer.  That makes very quick work for any wrinkles.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pezzie  This is a very nice thread! Count me amongst the fans of ironing. I too, find it to be relaxing. My grandmother ironed EVERYTHING that was cotton. Sheets, pillowcases, clothes, and handkerchiefs that she kept in handbags. 

What inspired me the most, was watching her iron her MANY aprons. She wore aprons for everything-cooking, dusting, cleaning, gardening, etc. I marveled at that as a child, and developed a fondness for ironing because of it.😊 

To this day, I collect and meticulously iron aprons as a sort of homage to her. That was a wonderful trip down memory lane just now that put a  great big smile on my face.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I iron quite a bit but not as much as I used to. I actually have the iron/ironing board set up year round in the bedroom.   If something is mildly wrinkled, I will turn on the iron and spritz it with the steam function.  There was a thread on irons/steamers several months and I was going to look into an actual steamer but, like most everything else, I FORGOT ABOUT IT.  I will have to search and see if I can find it to see what steamers were recommended.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown