Esteemed Contributor

Re: ANOTHER POSTAGE RATE HIKE

Guessing it won't be long and they will be a dollar a piece before you 

know it. A nickel a stamp increase is high.

I pay as many bills online that I can. This is getting crazy.

Esteemed Contributor

The US has one of the lowest postal rates, if not THE lowest

The Price of a Stamp: An International Comparison at https://stories.uspsoig.gov

Italy 4.48

Estonia 3.99

Poland 2.54

Ireland 1.73

Sweden 1.71

United Kingdom 1.61

Netherlands 1.32

Canada 0.99

I'm certainly not complaining.  The Post Office is struggling to stay afloat with the advent of Internet bill pay/email, etc.  These first class raises are a pittance.  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

I think they aren't going to be happy until it's a buck to mail a letter, just sayin.l

Honored Contributor

I have plenty of stamps.  I use one just stamp per month, other than for birthday and other greeting cards. 

I'm sure I'll get some Forever stamps if something cute catches my eye .... kitties or something pretty.  Cat Very Happy

Respected Contributor

73 cents is just too much...will probably just round it up to 75 cents, then a dollar. 

I will have to think more carefully about how many Christmas cards I send this year! I guess now shipping charges and other mail services will increase.

Trusted Contributor

I still send many things through the mail and I'm fine with paying the price. I know the post office has been struggling so I'll do my part to help keep things going! Plus who doesn't love getting a card or note from someone in the mail!!

Honored Contributor

A few years ago my mailman said that the grocery flyers and other "junk mail" inserts were what keep our postage rates down.  

With the last rate increase, plus the upcoming July 14th increase, I realize I don't get nearly as much junk mail as I used to receive.  No grocery flyers anymore, either.

How about you?

Honored Contributor

Are you kidding me???  That's just ridiculous!!!!  I know...

Are you kidding me???  That's just ridiculous!!!!  I know everything is increasing but they are out of control!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I don't read about it, or listen to reports of it, does it still apply?  

(Like, ie: does a bear ____________in the woods). LOL

Trusted Contributor

73¢ is a bargain to drop a letter in the mail to any place in this huge country. I can't believe a nickel increase causes anyone distress. 

Thank you to @MamaWick for posting the price of postage in other countries. Sometimes we forget how lucky we are.