Honored Contributor

Re: AMAZON USERS - QUESTION

[ Edited ]

@Suebdoo wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 You are buying on Ebay & the seller most likely has Amazon Prime so they can list items on Ebay & have the item drop shipped from Amazon. If the item came in an Amazon box the price is probably cheaper on Amazon then the price you paid on Ebay. Next time you find something on Ebay you want to buy see if it's on Amazon & the price first. 

Amazon would not have anything to do with these sellers selling on Ebay. You would have to file a complaint with Ebay to get your money back if there was a problem.

@Nightowlz  huh?  I'm thinking @Tinkrbl44 was just comparing buying from eBay vs Amazon 3rd party sellers.  I've read your post a couple times and am totally confused LOL 😮

@Suebdoo Some of the sellers on Ebay have items you buy shipped to you from Amazon. They are a Prime member of Amazon so shipping for them is free. These sellers can sell the same things Amazon sells. They list the items on Ebay for a few dollars more or so then Amazon sells it for, you buy it, the seller orders it from Amazon & has it shipped to you the buyer. Does that make sense? That's how they make money selling on Ebay.

This is what I thought @Tinkrbl44 was talking about. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

I have bought from several sellers that use amazon to get sales. I had a problem with 2 of them and amazon made sure they corrected the problem to my satisfaction, and they did.

My view is not "buyer beware" of any of the merchants that amazon allows to use their website to offer their products. Amazon does not carry everything I needed to replace some of my ruined equipment, but there were other merchants that did, and I purchased from them. One of them was a problem, and amazon made sure the vendor corrected it.

If amazon does not have it but a vendor they allow to use their website does, I do not hesitate to make the purchase or think "buyer beware".

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've never had a moments trouble from Amazon and I use it a lot.  I bet I've placed 7-8 orders this week.  I keep thinking of things either me or my dogs need.  They just got their own shipment of treats a few minutes ago.  They're looking at the UPS man more fondly these days. 

@Kachina624

My boy stands aside me and as soon as I cut open that box, he reaches in, grabs the air pillows then runs off with them.  He LOVES popping air pilows.  A few seconds later he returns to "claim" the goods!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I very rarely purchase anything from Amazon that might be found on Ebay or that I would think of looking on Ebay for.

Although I do use third-party sellers on Amazon it's only when I have no choice - no one else has it anywhere at a reasonable price but that third-party seller. It's always mainstream items, with the third-party seller having many of them, not odd one-offs where the seller only has 1-2 and a 3-4 star rating - "take your chances" IMO.

I can honestly say I've literally never, not one time, had an issue with a seller that I needed to go to Amazon about, and I also don't recall any serious issue where I was highly displeased with Amazon, ever.

I use Ebay rarely. I've never had a bad experience the infrequent times I've used them.

The only marketplace where I've had a negative experience with a flaky seller was Etsy. I never bothered pursuing because it was a small amount of money, but it's made me leery of Etsy forever after. I don't think they have great customer safeguards that dissuade sellers from just not sending you what you've paid for. And as long as they do it for low-priced items they can often fly under the radar.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've never had a moments trouble from Amazon and I use it a lot.  I bet I've placed 7-8 orders this week.  I keep thinking of things either me or my dogs need.  They just got their own shipment of treats a few minutes ago.  They're looking at the UPS man more fondly these days. 

@Kachina624

My boy stands aside me and as soon as I cut open that box, he reaches in, grabs the air pillows then runs off with them.  He LOVES popping air pilows.  A few seconds later he returns to "claim" the goods!Woman LOL

@eddyandme  How cute!  I'm surprise he'd like that loud pop right in his face.  I hate those things as they take up so much space in the garbage.  So I stab every one with a knife. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624

Those air pillows never take up space in my trash. I just have to run around the house pcking up smashed plastic.  Somehow, it attracted him when he saw my popping them, like you.  Guess he thought it looked like fun!  Anyways, even if there's a ball (his fave ty) in the box along with cookies, he just dives to the air pillows.