Honored Contributor

I've never had a moments trouble from Amazon and I use it a lot.  I bet I've placed 7-8 orders this week.  I keep thinking of things either me or my dogs need.  They just got their own shipment of treats a few minutes ago.  They're looking at the UPS man more fondly these days. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@momtochloe  You could have knocked me over that day when Amazon said they were refunding my card the full purchase price from months ago for something they had nothing to do with.  And I am not nor have I ever been a Prime member.  In fact, I think I did a thread here I was so amazed.  

@Laura14 you can always trust Amazon to provide excellent CS whether you are a Prime member or not as now that I am not I still get the same attention to detail albeit it at a slight slower ship rate . . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@momtochloe  You could have knocked me over that day when Amazon said they were refunding my card the full purchase price from months ago for something they had nothing to do with.  And I am not nor have I ever been a Prime member.  In fact, I think I did a thread here I was so amazed.  

@Laura14 you can always trust Amazon to provide excellent CS whether you are a Prime member or not as now that I am not I still get the same attention to detail albeit it at a slight slower ship rate . . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe  I know!  That slow ship rate has made Barnes and Noble, Target and most recently Walmart money.  I'm kind of over the 7-10 day wait and I am not paying $100 plus every year for two day shipping and the other perks which are just not worth it to me.  I'm not that rich.  

Honored Contributor

@kyreb  I had a problem like yours last week.  I ordered a patio door insert dog door which was to be delivered on Sunday.  It never showed up so Monday I called Amazon, there was no tracking on it so we had no idea where it was.  The CSR ordered another to be shipped next day air.  As soon as I hung up, the doorbell rings and there's my door.  Had to call back and cancel.   I think they need to get rid of their rogue delivery people. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@momtochloe  I know!  That slow ship rate has made Barnes and Noble, Target and most recently Walmart money.  I'm kind of over the 7-10 day wait and I am not paying $100 plus every year for two day shipping and the other perks which are just not worth it to me.  I'm not that rich.  

@Laura14 you and me both!  I have tossed things to WM and other vendors that normally I wouldn't even have looked at back in my old life which is fine.  I just wish they provided cable/internet service as I would be their slave for life! . . . . Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@kyreb wrote:

I am having an issue right now with the delivery process on a third party - UPS attempted to deliver 1 time during the day and then just took it to UPS - somewhere undetermined - without even a note.  This was to be a birthday present for my daughter who lives 2,000 miles away from me in Phoenix. 

When I emailed Amazon they said she would have to contact UPS, find where the package had been taken and pick it up!!  I am not happy.  She is young woman, living alone and works everyday 8 till 5.  I have sent her many things and they either leave at her door or at the office of the apartment complex she lives, and never had a problem. 

@kyreb this truly sounds not in the spirit of Amazon CS.  Have you tried calling back and asking for a different CS rep as maybe the first one could have been new and wasn't trained properly?

Honored Contributor

Piggy back?  I don't know what that means.  I've never had a single bad experience with an Amazon purchase and I have been buying from them from the beginning.  Yes indeed, there are 3rd party sellers and I think it is a buyer beware type of thing.  Generally, I avoid the 3rd party sellers or I try to but somethings, I don't have choice.  Nothing bad has every happened.  The items sometimes take a few of weeks to arrive.

Respected Contributor

Re: AMAZON USERS - QUESTION

[ Edited ]

@kyreb wrote:

I am having an issue right now with the delivery process on a third party - UPS attempted to deliver 1 time during the day and then just took it to UPS - somewhere undetermined - without even a note.  This was to be a birthday present for my daughter who lives 2,000 miles away from me in Phoenix. 

When I emailed Amazon they said she would have to contact UPS, find where the package had been taken and pick it up!!  I am not happy.  She is young woman, living alone and works everyday 8 till 5.  I have sent her many things and they either leave at her door or at the office of the apartment complex she lives, and never had a problem. 

@kyreb, doing a phone call or Live Chat might get better results.  I like Live Chats because you can get a transcript of the conversation.

Honored Contributor

I purchase from Amazon all the time, usually more than once a week.  I try to purchase items that are fulfilled by Amazon.  If I purchase directly from a third party seller, I check the seller's feedback to make sure it's excellent.  On the rare occasion that I've needed to contact CS they've been very helpful.  Once I ordered something that came to my city when it was supposed to.  For some reason it left and went to another city and was delivered to someone else.  I immediately contacted Amazon and they overnighted it to me.  I've contacted them at other times, too, but that's the main one that I remember.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 You are buying on Ebay & the seller most likely has Amazon Prime so they can list items on Ebay & have the item drop shipped from Amazon. If the item came in an Amazon box the price is probably cheaper on Amazon then the price you paid on Ebay. Next time you find something on Ebay you want to buy see if it's on Amazon & the price first. 

Amazon would not have anything to do with these sellers selling on Ebay. You would have to file a complaint with Ebay to get your money back if there was a problem.