Esteemed Contributor

Love Alegria! Living in thong sandals now. On Day One they will probably hurt in the arch- keep wearing them. In another day or two the sole will customize to  your foot like no other. With Vionics, your foot must conform to the shoe. With Alegria, the shoe will conform to your foot! Great comfort and support and worth the $. Look for them elsewhere at better prices. The TSV price with s/h included is good. I just do not know if the Mary Jane style will work for my wide foot.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have such pronation that I've had surgery for it.  I can't wear Vionics.  That high, hard arch is too much for me.  I have over a dozen pairs of Alegrias and find them supremely comfortable.  I feel better all over when I wear them.  I'm also constantly getting compliments on them which surprises me.  Was approached by a woman at the grocery store today who wanted the brand name of my shoes.

I must also say a word about the quality and workmanship on these shoes.  Much, much better than Vionics.  I can see these shoes lasting a lifetime.

I notice the sizing is a little different on the TSV.  Hope mine fit!

thank you for your response...please-tell me about the surgery --the over-pronation is on one foot where it rolls inward-trying to meet the ground...very painful with the wrong shoes on-unbearable really.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

thanks-these are really cute!

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

Alegria Leather Mary Janes Medium Width - JillI got these..............

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Occasional Contributor
Can anyone tell me how to determine how to decide if ,one is a regular or a wide with in an Alegria shoe? Thanks
Occasional Contributor
Sorry my typing skills are terrible. I meant to type wide width. Thanks again
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know your age but I have had surgery on my feet which was a result of over pronation and flat feet.  I went to the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC.  My surgeon was the head of the foot/ankle service and orthopedist to American Ballet and NY/NJ sports teams.  I don't know if all people with flat feet over pronate?   But, he said that if I were younger, he would do ankle replacement surgery.  I did meet a young women who had it done; she said it was a long painful recovery but was thrilled as she can wear high heels and I looked at her shoes on her way out and she had a death defying heel on in NYC no less.  She was clever though as she did not have them on in front of our doctor 😀.  If you elect surgery, you have to eliminate the cause of over pronation and be sure to go to an orthopedist, preferably at a teaching hospital. 

Honored Contributor

I have never tried this brand. The only styles that even remotely appeal to me are the thong sandals and even those don't appeal to me enough to spend the money.

I cannot wear Vionics though.  I've tried twice.  Both times after a very short amount of time wearing them, I have horrendous pain on the outside of both legs that starts just above my ankle bone and shoots up to mid-calf.   

Esteemed Contributor

@rags wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to determine how to decide if ,one is a regular or a wide with in an Alegria shoe? Thanks

I am in the middle ....in some shoes I can wear medium and others I need wide.  I don't need the wide in Alegria.   I also have room to spare width wise.  So I share your concern, I never know which way to go.  But, if you can go either way, I think Alegria will be ok as they do have a wider footbed.  But, if you usually wear a wide and your feet are more wide than medium, I would go for the wide.  Of course, sandals run different than a closed shoe but for me, I wear medium for both but I would say the closed shoe is not as wide as the sandal.  What works for me, if I order W, I go down a half size. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have never tried this brand. The only styles that even remotely appeal to me are the thong sandals and even those don't appeal to me enough to spend the money.

I cannot wear Vionics though.  I've tried twice.  Both times after a very short amount of time wearing them, I have horrendous pain on the outside of both legs that starts just above my ankle bone and shoots up to mid-calf.   

@Lipstickdiva

I purchased this brand once, when it was a TSV.  Did so, because since retiring, I'm replacing all of my duty shoes and heels with shoes that I can wear with a dropped met head in my left foot.

**I could not get this shoe on!  My toes and maybe 1-1/2" of foot slipped into the shoe and that was it.  That shoe was the worst designed shoe ever.  I will admit that I have a bit of a high vamp, but I couldn't even get 1/2 of my foot in the shoe and I did order a wide width.  I won't be purchasing this brand again.