Esteemed Contributor

I've lived in rural areas ( think mountains, deserts, don't see another vehicle for 20 mins) my entire marriage of 39 years.  Wouldn't be without plus coverage even though I wait 30-60 mins for on road coverage ( at home I get help in  15 mins or less).

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

If you're talking about AAA's auto insurance, their premiums were the highest I got quoted when I looked for car insurance a few years back. The lowest price they would offer me was $240 a month. Geico came in at $80 a month. I went with Geico.

@gardenman   @beach-mom 

A friend mentioned she has AAA for her auto insurance, so I thought I'd comparison shop.  Wow.  As you said, AAA insurance is not competitively priced.  Woman Surprised

I have the AAA roadside service, but I went with Mercury, which my insurance broker recommended.

Honored Contributor

Run! Run as fast as you can from AAA! We had them for our insurance for many years. We decided to shop around for better deals and any other insurance company is better! Please do your homework and shop around. We pay very minimal now with MUCH more coverage. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@beach-momWe've been AAA members for decades.  We have NEVER received a call at renewal time.  We get the renewal stuff in the mail.  There's never been a large increase.  Have no idea what's going on with you.

Honored Contributor

I pay $120 a year for the premium coverage  for both of us and our  two cars. Have not seen an increase this year yet for the next renewal period.

Valued Contributor

Re: AAA Coverage Question

[ Edited ]

Thanks @ValuSkr , I was reading the various amounts that people are paying for a year's membershp and was thinking that the cost has to vary by the location in which you live.

I got my renewal notice last week and my cost to renew went up $9.00.  Last year cost me $89.00 and now it is $98.00.

I also think that the response times probably vary by where you are as well.  In the wintertime if you need to call them in my area, the wait can be a long one.  One December night 2 years ago I was cruising along and became acquainted with a pothole that was deep enough to be an abandoned oil well.  My front AND rear driver's side tires flattened immediately.  Fortunately, there was a gas station within feet of this pothole.

Unfortunately, it was closed.  I called AAA and they did say they were busy and would call me when they were on the way.  I waited about 3 hours before a tow truck came.

Despite this, I renew like clockwork.  You might wait, but you have the peace of mind that help is a simple phone number away.  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

Yeah, their insurance premiums are a bit of an eye-opener and a heart-stopper. I've been an AAA member for over a decade for their roadside service so when it came time for new auto insurance, I gave them the call and was shocked at the quotes. $240 a month was the lowest they could offer. I'd been paying $120 a month through Allstate and thought that was high. Geico came in at $80 a month so I went with them. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: Group 5 minus 1

50 minutes only.  When we had them we waited for over 4 hours once only for them to get there and tell us they couldn't tow the truck.  They're useless.