Honored Contributor

I just got a call to renew our coverage. It has gone up over $100. That seems like a lot, but it may be the norm now.  I decided to check other options. Have any of you had your cost of coverage at AAA go up?  TIA! 

Honored Contributor

I renewed maybe 6-7 weeks ago.  I did it online. I don't think I had an increase. I would have noticed $100. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom 

Can't help you with your question, just a comment. We had AAA for decades and it's prices went up, but not much. 

When we changed our Home Owner and Automobile Insurance Coverage, our new coverage came with the same Roadside Assistance as AAA.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

We have AAApremium coverage. The cost has gone up but not $100. I think it was only around $30.

Respected Contributor

Mine comes up for renewal next month. Last year it was $52.00 for single household. I've had it for around 30 years and have used 2 times. It's like any insurance, if you don't have it, you'll need it. Does seem like everything else price wise is out of control.

Honored Contributor

Just renewed Sept 1 and paid $142 for 3 people

Respected Contributor

We have had AAA for 50. (?) years for both of us.  The only time the price went up was when we added extended towing distance as we drive to FL and points north.  If on vacation anywhere, the peace of mind is worth it.

We have 3 vehicles and the cost is 200 year with all the extras we want.  We pay for it with the rewards checks.

Now the Comenity Bank replaced Bank of America as their card transaction processing vendor, that may change.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

I have AAA Plus and the yearly premium is $124.

Super Contributor

I question you getting a phone call for renewal.....we always get our remewal notice in mail.

Honored Contributor

I dropped AAA a few years ago because it had gotten too expensive.  I currently get roadside assistance as an add-on to my GEICO car insurance.  It's a fraction of AAA's cost.  I don't need all the other stuff AAA offers, like travel agency.  

Of course, four months after I dropped AAA, they came crawling back with a very good offer.  But it was too late.  I told them that, if they'd only offered that price to begin with, I would have stayed with them.