Honored Contributor

A specific question about Instacart and grocery rewards

I just placed my first Instacart order. I having it delivered from my local Ralphs (Kroger owned).

There is a "loyalty rewards" link on my Account page, but when I go to the link, only four stores show up. None are mine. 

Does anyone have experience with this? Maybe Instacart selects certain stores? I would love to get my store discounts.

TIA.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Re: A specific question about Instacart and grocery rewards

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I just placed my first Instacart order. I having it delivered from my local Ralphs (Kroger owned).

There is a "loyalty rewards" link on my Account page, but when I go to the link, only four stores show up. None are mine. 

Does anyone have experience with this? Maybe Instacart selects certain stores? I would love to get my store discounts.

TIA.

If your local Ralph's has recently paired w/Instacart, it may not be mentioned. I'm able to put my loyalty reward card on my Wegmans page which is delivered by Instarcart.

Honored Contributor

Here in New Mexico where food is not taxed, it was recently revealed that due to a quirk in the law, Instacart is charging everyone the 8% state sales tax on their orders.  This is a charge that adds up; people in other states should probably check their receipts.  Also, there was a post here recently on how a shopper was cheating a poster....might want to check the archives.  Seems like cheating is amazingly easy with this company.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought insta cart was the answer to my prayers. I started with them mid-March.. had to order from Bjs and it was fine .. then I was notified that my card was tampered with. I canceled my membership and called my bank. Also, there was a charge on my acct I did not order.on top of that. my husband who has a BJs membership with me. but a different charge card altogether was billed for two orders before I even joined the insta cart. He has never ordered anything from Insta cart .. I used my card .. we have our cards..so he had to put a claim against insta cart as well. good luck. I miss ordering from them but I cannot have that going on all the time. 

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  I recently placed an Instacart order & on the cart there is a section to put your loyalty card #. I thought I would have to enter that # each time I would attempt to place an order, but I see it saved on their site. It even remains if you clear your computer cookies. 

Hopefully your store and Instacart will get their act together re: storing or adding loyalty card info. 

On Instacart site, are several stores listed in our area. I've saved to my Favorites the particular store I use to shop. HTH. If I use another store, I will save that one too.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3  I've used InstaCart a lot and I will admit I've done very little about checking into much of anything. I've been extremely happy with my experience so I guess it falls into the "if it ain't broke" category.

When I first started with them I thought I would do it once or twice, and then either the worst of the pandemic would be over (yes, I was that naive person) OR I would have figured out an alternate means for groceries. I didn't sign up for their Express service/free delivery because I didn't think it would be necessary. 

I say all that to say the past couple of times I've ordered they have emailed me a "free delivery" offer. I have no idea why. I've only used InstaCart for Publix though, so maybe that feeds into some type of rewards program? Publix doesn't have a typical grocery/store card rewards program, but just guessing on why the free delivery. I also always do the post-service InstaCart surveys, and my answers have always been very positive. One is probably not related to the other but I really don't know why I am receiving that. 

Sorry! After typing all that out I realize that is of little help to you Smiley Embarassed

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

I have been using Instacart for a few months now and I have had minor problems.  I don't even monitor their shopping but I do take the time when I order items to pick a replacement or put no replacement on them.  I use them for Costco and a local high end market and it has been very successful.  I set up a delivery for every Friday.   Now if I could just get a delivery from Trader Joe's!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Here in New Mexico where food is not taxed, it was recently revealed that due to a quirk in the law, Instacart is charging everyone the 8% state sales tax on their orders.  This is a charge that adds up; people in other states should probably check their receipts.  Also, there was a post here recently on how a shopper was cheating a poster....might want to check the archives.  Seems like cheating is amazingly easy with this company.

@Kachina624, we're not charged sales tax for food here in California, so I will definitely look out for that. I have paid already for an order that set up for this coming Thursday, and so far, I don't see a tax charge

I imagine that there are some unscrupulous shoppers out there.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been with Instacart for couple of month.  I have no complaints with them.  I don't use a loyalty card.  All my charges are mine.  I check carefully each visit to shop.  My two stores are Wegmans' and Giants.  I could go to Costco and BJ's, or Target, but I don't.  I perfectly happy with my two stores.  

@DiAnne  Trader Joe's!  I've wished for years they had delivery!   I haven't been to one since this Pandemic stared....  A couple of years ago, they tried a delivery system in New York.  That did not work out.  Too expensive, or that what Trader Joe said.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I've been with Instacart for couple of month.  I have no complaints with them.  I don't use a loyalty card.  All my charges are mine.  I check carefully each visit to shop.  My two stores are Wegmans' and Giants.  I could go to Costco and BJ's, or Target, but I don't.  I perfectly happy with my two stores.  

@DiAnne  Trader Joe's!  I've wished for years they had delivery!   I haven't been to one since this Pandemic stared....  A couple of years ago, they tried a delivery system in New York.  That did not work out.  Too expensive, or that what Trader Joe said.

Thank you, @songbird, but my specific question was about how I can make sure to connect my store's loyalty program to my Instacart purchases. Our first delivery using them is this week. I may find out then...it's possible it's already connected.