Esteemed Contributor

Re: A question regarding Ca. fires

Trusted Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@Ketra :  It is the Nation's record (always has been, too).

@patbz It has the record for the number of retractions a newspaper has had to make in the last two years. A source I no longer trust. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Honored Contributor

California is THE greatest state in the country. My opinion and the opinion of many who live and love here. 💕

What’s that saying? “If you don’t like it here ..... “

I suppose that unfortunate saying, and the rudeness it illustrates, floats both ways.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dbl post

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I am firmly on the fence, but ,I don't think we can lay everything to *just weather*. After watching The Crown and seeing the way London was devastated, during a spell of bad weather, by toxic fumes, it brings home to everyone( or it should) just how important clean air is

Churchill  made the comment it is just weather, yes it is, but the weather was a carrier for  conditions that killed a lot of people

I think we all need to work together to clean up our planet ,and stop fighting about global warming. We need to unite for global cleaning. We only have 1 world..Will it make a difference? No one can say for sure. What it will do is give us a cleaner place to live, and give future generations , clean air and water. No matter what happens to the weather, that is a win, win situations, if you ask me

Just to clarify @cherry .

We arent talking about weather change. We are talking about climate change.  A very important distinction. 

I am a CA neighbor. I think it is a beautiful, inventive progressive place. People who don't like progressive idées are probable Not a good fit there.

...but dont come to AZ. We are just starting to straighten up!  🙂

Respected Contributor

Sorry for the double post. 

I am not getting an edit button and my tablet switched to French in the first post.

Esteemed Contributor

Was on the news that some of the people affected by the CA fires will see their homeowners insurance increase massively ( in the case mentioned, from just under $2,000 to $19,000 annually.  If you have a mortgage you must have insurance.  Imagine trying to sell your home if your costs to up that much!

Honored Contributor

Not everyone agrees @Ms tyrion2 . I don't know ,and I refuse to take sides

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@Ketra :  It is the Nation's record (always has been, too).

@patbz, if there is anything I can count on, it's that you are 99% unlikely to change a denier's mind with facts. It just can't be done.

It's an interesting phenomenon. I would love to know what's truly behind it. I'm sure that it differs from person to person, but it seems that are some common denominators involved, probably a combination of intrinsic and extrinsic factors at work.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland