Esteemed Contributor

A good barometer for going out...

[ Edited ]

I really don’t care if they open up the hairdressers and the tattoo parlors in my state.  I am staying home until the hospitals permit visitors again.  That is one way that I know the scientists, and not the politicians, are calling the shots! 

Not my original thought (taken from FB).

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

Re: A good barometer for going out...

[ Edited ]

Everyone has their own comfort level and should be able to make that choice without judgement.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick -

I never thought of that.

It would actually be a good barometer for what might be safe.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

This makes good sense Lynne.

Honored Contributor

@MamaWickThat's a good barometer for me.  I'm not so restless that I just have to get out; I'm already 2 decades retired and hoping not to have to work for pay again in whatever years I have left.

But because I'm in the age range, I have friends in care facilities and not being able to visit or even to hear their voice or see their face for their final weeks is likely to rank among the great sorrows of my life.

The friend I lost to Covid-19 had worked as a Hospice bereavement counselor at one time; she spoke often of the peace that came for patient, family, and even herself from those bedside hours -  I wished that for her, too.  Alas, not.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

The friend I lost to Covid-19 had worked as a Hospice bereavement counselor at one time; she spoke often of the peace that came for patient, family, and even herself from those bedside hours -  I wished that for her, too.  Alas, not.

I'm so sorry for your loss, @millieshops . I think that is the cruelest aspect of this disease, by far.

Esteemed Contributor

As an aside, everyone is different and this is just my opinion. One needs to do with what one is comfortable.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

And personally, I long to go to a sit down restaurant. We've supported take out in our rural area but I do miss full service.

Honored Contributor

Hi @MamaWick,

We went to the hospital this morning for our monthly B-12 shots. Still required to enter only through the main entrance. Check your temp and ask you a few questions.

Most of the nurses at the hospital know me so they don't accompany me to Hematology. Others that say they have an appointment are taken there by a nurse. Too many say they have an appointment, then were going up to visit a patient. So!!!

There is 1 thing that makes my visits better is parking. Don't have to hunt around for a place to park. 

Good way to look at you going out. Me? I hear "ice rink open", I'm outta here.

Stay well and say hi to PapaWick, and hope I he is recovering as well as expected.

JOhn(hckynut) 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I can not wait to get a new Tattoo and get into a tanning bed...oh and get my hair done too🥰