Honored Contributor

@croemer  Oh croemer I do remember her and I'm so sorry to read of her passing and for you losing a good friend.

We have seen losses through the years here, haven't we.  It hurts anew each time.

{{{hugs}}}Heart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: A friends passing...

[ Edited ]

Oh, my.    Dear croemer, how good to see your name but how my heart breaks reading your post.    Gentle (((betteb))).   This makes me cry, and I'm sure I'm not alone.   We posted together many times and I've asked about her since she vanished from the forums.   Seeing a few updates over time, I held hope to see her back, strong and healthy and as bright and sparkling as ever.   I will offer prayers for all who love her, and as a person of faith I do believe she has been gently welcomed into the embrace of God and His angels, and into the arms of all her loved ones who passed away before.   Thank you for letting us know, @croemer.   Beautiful betteb was blessed to call you friend, as are we.

❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@croemer, I remember her.  I am so sorry to hear of her passing.  Thank you for posting.  Often we wonder what happened to our friends here who just seem to disappear.  We’ve lost some good ones haven’t we?  I am sorry for your loss.  LM

Respected Contributor

We are spiritual beings enduring a physical experience in this life.

She is home now.

Honored Contributor

Re: A friends passing...

[ Edited ]

I wanted to read through some of (((betteb's))) prayers, remembering how comforting and compassionate she was.   And how strong and steadfast her faith.   I saw this one she shared with a poster whose beloved son had just passed away, and it expresses the belief she had written about many times before.   

I don't want to intrude by copying the entire post here, so I'll add the link for those who would like to click/tap it and read what she wanted to share.    Please, let's try to appreciate and value one another, while we have the opportunity.❤️ 

"Re: amiracleneeded's son Update"

" ...So when tomorrow starts with out me don’t think we’re far apart, For every time you think of me, ...."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Ladies I did not mean to make this about me...was just emotional hearing the news. We met here and became friends thru the years and always stayed in touch. After speaking with her last Thursday...I would not believe her time was so short. She sounded cheerful and we had a few laughs...I can not tell you how happy I am to have had that last interaction...it had been months since she has been willing or able to answer e-mails. or FB posts. None-the-less I kept leaving her messages and sent several cards just to make sure she knew she was being thought of.

All your messages are so beautiful...I will try to send them to her son...maybe it will help in some way. She had a granddaughter she loved dearly...even our last conversation she asked if I had looked at the pictures on her families FB pages...she was so proud of her.

Thanks again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

What sad news. Few words can ease the pain of a loss of someone dear to us. May she know peace and joy.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

betteb was an very friendly and kind poster here on the forum and part of the fun when we were in our Q hey day.. 

So sad to hear this news croemer.  Life is so fragile.

Prayers for her and her family.

Thank you for the small remembrance  you were able to share.

Respected Contributor

I remember her - bc it was my mother's name.  I remember thinking that when she posted bc it's an older name and not one seen much anymore.  It's funny how or why we remember someone.  May she rest in  peace.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, betteb is among those I have been missing here. A kind, thoughtful and witty poster.

Thank you for letting us know she has gone to her eternal peace and reward, @croemer

image.jpg

To her family and personal friends. I will remember them in my prayers for strength and comfort during this most difficult time.