Honored Contributor

Re: A day late but not a dollar short -- Emma Lazarus

I used to be very naive about the USA. Everything here was wonderful and the best in the world.Then I lived all over the world with my first husband for his job.After living elsewhere I found out that America isn't as great as we'd like to believe it is. We have more crime than any country. We don't care for our mentally ill, our handicapped or our elderly anywhere near as well as other countries do - unless , of course, they are wealthy. We do very well in this country at separating people from their money when they become needy. Geez - we no longer even take decent care of our veterans. Well, I guess I better leave this now and not go any further or it will become political.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

I used to be very naive about the USA. Everything here was wonderful and the best in the world.Then I lived all over the world with my first husband for his job.After living elsewhere I found out that America isn't as great as we'd like to believe it is. We have more crime than any country. We don't care for our mentally ill, our handicapped or our elderly anywhere near as well as other countries do - unless , of course, they are wealthy. We do very well in this country at separating people from their money when they become needy. Geez - we no longer even take decent care of our veterans. Well, I guess I better leave this now and not go any further or it will become political.

Sorry but you've already made it political, but it's ok if it's you!  

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@151949Sorry?  Needy people have money from which "we" separate them?   

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

To the mods: I wouldn't mind a bit if political posts here were removed. This was simply a celebratory thread for the poet's work that is enshrined on our Statue of Liberty.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@151949Sorry?  Needy people have money from which "we" separate them?   

Is everyone who becomes ill or infirm poor? NO. Even very rich people get illnesses, accidents , live to be very old & weak etc.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949  Your definition of needy is "ill and infirm"?

Keepin' it real.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be considered political

QVC Customer Care

This thread has been locked for posting because of political comments