Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Viewpoints Beauty Thread

On 1/10/2014 Mellie33 said:

I just got my first Clarisonic. I really like it!

I got Conair's version as a holiday gift. I call it my Conairsonic. I like it so far...really makes my skin feel soft.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/10/2014 sylviahomeatlast said: ...and I like Paul Mitchell hair products. where are the cookies?

Whoops...I sowwy.

You can have the rest of mine...?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm looking into natural alternatives...simple, organic products...and making my own cosmetics. I'm enjoying learning about and trying new things. I'm finding that you don't have to spend a lot of money to purchase or make organic beauty products either.

I love avocado oil as a moisturizer, as well as shea butter.

I found a YouTube video about how to make your own organic powder foundation (there are others if you don't care for this one). I have dry skin, so I'm going to try to "tweak" it to make a liquid or cream foundation for myself; I will probably use arrowroot powder instead of clay as part of that recipe, and I'm not sure yet what I will use as a base for my powder to make it a liquid or cream.

I've always loved skin care and makeup, and I don't ever want to give up my passion...but I'm also not well-to-do, and I want natural products...so I'm excited to learn all of the new stuff I'm learning!!

Frequent Contributor

Did anyone get the Josie Maran TSV the other day?

Super Contributor

On 1/11/2014 Mellie33 said:

I've never been tempted to try JM but I just wanted to say it's great to see you posting again Mellie. I've missed you around here.

Respected Contributor

On 1/11/2014 soxfan said:
On 1/11/2014 Mellie33 said:

I've never been tempted to try JM but I just wanted to say it's great to see you posting again Mellie. I've missed you around here.

ditto...............................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

No, I haven't tried any Josie products. More importantly, do you have more cookies. Cakers ate them all.
Super Contributor

I really like the Philosophy Purity and micro exfoliating wash. In fact, I think I'm going to go use some right now.

Frequent Contributor

On 1/11/2014 soxfan said:

Thank you, sox. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

On 1/11/2014 tansy said: No, I haven't tried any Josie products. More importantly, do you have more cookies. Cakers ate them all.

There are always cookies.