Trusted Contributor

If you Google the title of this thread you'll get the stories.

Apparently the Royal Family and guests are weighed in when they arrive for the Christmas celebrations and ideally have gained three pounds when they leave at the end of the visit, when they are weighed again.

I can't believe this, but I wouldn't put anything past this conspicuously consuming family.

What's your opinion - true or false?

Esteemed Contributor

My opinion is that it's false. Overly polite and proper, the royal family would be appalled by such gauche behavior. On the other hand.....

Honored Contributor

I'm not making a down payment on this tale, much less buying it!

Esteemed Contributor

It is depicted in the movie Spencer, with Diana being weighed.

Various publications including Newsweek and Marie Claire have said that the tradition is indeed a fact.

Honored Contributor

I'm afraid I'd have to skip the Christmas celebration.  Do we REALLY THINK the Queen would put up with being weighed, as private as she is? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm afraid I'd have to skip the Christmas celebration.  Do we REALLY THINK the Queen would put up with being weighed, as private as she is? 

The articles don't say the queen is weighed, only her guests.

As far as the queen's privacy, I'm sure there's a brooch that covers the situation.

Super Contributor

lol

and i have a bridge i want to sell you Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

It is depicted in the movie Spencer, with Diana being weighed.

Various publications including Newsweek and Marie Claire have said that the tradition is indeed a fact.

I don't believe it. It probably gives them a great laugh just to read that people do. 

Honored Contributor

Is it April Fool's Day yet?  

Honored Contributor

The stuff that our media says about the Royal Family has been so ridiculous over the years that I rarely believe anything they say.  Oh and what they tell the American public about the British Royal family is never flattering.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*