Respected Contributor

Re: A New Month is About to Begin - What are You Looking Forward to in August?

@DiAnne wrote:

I am looking forward to some nourishing rain for the garden. 

In CT we had a rainier than normal July...so a few dry days to come ok in my book. But we have been refreshing the summer garden as needed...it's that time I think.

Esteemed Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

Celebrating some birthdays.  Quite a few in our family were born in August.  

Same. We have 3 in August and I'm in July, so we celebrate them all on a date in August. I love celebrating bdays~grateful for each one.

We have 2 August birthdays in our family.Both my sweet DL & DH.We're planning 2 epic celebrations!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lake4: I moved to a small town in Rockingham County. It's about 20 miles from Greensboro and also about the same distance to Danville, VA. It's very nice here. The people are friendly, the area is beautiful, the cost of living is much lower than NY, and there are a lot of things to do but it is HOT! It's a whole different world than New York State. 

Honored Contributor

I am looking forward to Thursday-Friday-Saturday------it's supposed to rain here near Seattle---haven't had a drop or moisture going on 55 days by that time---we are parched----hopefully that will help with  the fires that are N-S-E-W of us!!!

Trusted Contributor

Getting through the month and anticipating Fall. Here in TX if we can just get through August, we know that the heat will begin to wane in September and glorious weather days are ahead.

I hate August and just barely tolerate July. So when August is in the rearview mirror my mood lightens considerably!

Esteemed Contributor

Celebrating our son’s 26th Birthday and starting my count down to leaving work. I retired in 2014 but went back to full time in 2018. I’m looking at April 30th or August 30th.

Esteemed Contributor

September and vacation
Frequent Contributor

I am looking forward to celebrating my 75th Birthday on Aug.28th and my sons birthdays too...youngest son Aug.27th and oldest son Aug. 29th!!!!  My younger son is coming here (Maryland) from Colorado on the 25th and staying until the 30th. It will be the first time the 3 of us have been together since my Dad's interment at  Arlington National Cemetary in Sept of 2014. Of course our plans hinge on the status of COVID at that time. Health and safety first, of course. 

Respected Contributor

As I'm getting older I've learned not to wish my life away, BUT I hope the month goes quickly enough without incident, namely hurricanes. 🌀  I also can't wait for the temps to go down.  To quote The Wicked Witch of the West, I'm melting.....🌡🔥

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

Butterflies.  Their numbers increase over the summer and into Fall.  I enjoy seeing the different varieties.