May God turn their hearts,

And if He doesn't turn their hearts,

May he turn their ankles

So we'll know them by their limping.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A GAELIC BLESSING

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@SandySparkles   You are a very caring friend, how lucky your friend has you to help steer in the right direction for her well being.   Since my dear friends passed away I feel so alone.  Granted, my daughter and I live together but, and I'll leave it at that.  

Throughout my lifetime I experienced a number of adversities and I thank God I had the strength to overcome and fight back, coming out a winner.  One was an abusive husband, and everytime I read about a woman being beaten almost to death who stays with the monster, it makes me sad and angry.  Okay, I'm getting carried away here.   When I read posts from other members saying how some of the things I write helps them, as you do, it gives me the incentive to keep writing.  So keep watching!!!

@Lindsays Grandma Your post touched my heart, I have seen you speak tenderly of the loss of your dear friends on another thread some time ago. Those type of friendships are not easy to find, nurture, and maintain. It is such a blessing that you have done so, and are able to reminisce with such fondness. You have such a kind spirit, that it can, and will happen for you again.❤

Your candid story of triumph over adversity echos mine in more ways than you can imagine. I sometimes feel like Rocky when he made it to the top of the steps, raising his hands in victory. Once I truly came to understand my value, and refused to be a victim any longer, everything else fell into place. For that reason, I won't give up on her, because someone truly amazing intervened in my life, offered me unconditional love, and did not give up on me.😊🙏

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma   @SandySparkles    I have several albums of Bill Douglas' music and love them all but Deep Peace is my favorite.  I like the song Voices of Children.

@Kachina624  That is another lovely selection.😊 

~~~All we need is 💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles    I love to read everything you post.  You have a wonderful way with words and I believe if we ever sat down together we would talk into the night and beyond.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  Awww.😊 As much as I sometimes love to talk, you are probably right.😂 I'm sure we'd have a wonderful time chatting it up!😊❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖