Deep peace of the flowing

air to you

Deep peace of the smiling

stars to you

Deep peace of the quiet

earth to you

Deep peace of the watching

shepherd to you

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma    Try listening to Bill Douglas' album Deep Peace on YouTube.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  These quotes are very CALMING. They made me feel good inside as I pondered them. #4 and #5 really resonated with me. This is a quaint set of LOVELY quotes, and I enjoyed each of them! 

I went over yesterday's quotes with my friend, and we really delved into #9-"-Make sure you don't see yourself through the eyes of those who don't value you. Know your worth even if they don't".

That one spoke to me as well, because years ago I was like her. That might be why I am trying so hard to help steer her in the right direction. When all of this is over, I am going to take her to a self-empowerment Meetup group. She's slowly opening herself up to prayer, and that's always a good thing😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma    Try listening to Bill Douglas' album Deep Peace on YouTube.

@Kachina624    Thank you so much for the recommendation, it was absolutely beautiful.  A friend of mine sent it to me a long time ago, unfortunately I didn't know there more lines to the verse.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  I went over to YouTube to listen. That song is BEAUTIFUL, and the scenery is breathtaking! It was followed by Heaven's Window by Peter Kater; equally nice. This new age music Is PERFECT for meditation!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles   You are a very caring friend, how lucky your friend has you to help steer in the right direction for her well being.   Since my dear friends passed away I feel so alone.  Granted, my daughter and I live together but, and I'll leave it at that.  

Throughout my lifetime I experienced a number of adversities and I thank God I had the strength to overcome and fight back, coming out a winner.  One was an abusive husband, and everytime I read about a woman being beaten almost to death who stays with the monster, it makes me sad and angry.  Okay, I'm getting carried away here.   When I read posts from other members saying how some of the things I write helps them, as you do, it gives me the incentive to keep writing.  So keep watching!!!

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma   @SandySparkles    I have several albums of Bill Douglas' music and love them all but Deep Peace is my favorite.  I like the song Voices of Children.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Lovely!

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful 🙏

Honored Contributor

A very restorative piece of prose-poetry!