Honored Contributor

Re: A First For Me From Amazon

@haddon9 wrote:

We order a lot from Amazon and get deliveries several times a week.  For months now I've been getting notifications on my phone as to where my order is....how many stops away and once it's delivered a photo of it by my front door.

I heard once of an Amazon delivery sending the customer a photo of their package by the front door then the delivery person took it after taking the photo.  It was caught on the homeowner's camera.

@haddon9 

Exactly!.....photos dont prove a thing....yep, an Amazon delivery person can still steal it...and whats to say porch pirates can't come by later and steal it.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Sam's Club sends me an email saying my order has been delivered.

The first time I got their email, I read it about midnight. It said the time of delivery had been same day, about 10 hours earlier.

That package had sat outside in steady rain for 10 hours!

(To be clear, THEY sent the email at delivery time, I just didn't check emails until bedtime.)

My doofus Fed Ex driver had tossed the package where I'd never see it, rather than following the "Deliver to SIDE DOOR" instructions right in the address label.

@x Hedge 

That's what I just "love" about Fed Ex......Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Once, when I sent a package to my son, they did send me a picture of it at his door. I have sent them many packages over the years but never again received a picture. I always wondered about that!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We order a lot from Amazon.  And we almost always get a photo of the house with a package from them. 

We also have Amazon Fresh.  I order my weekly groceries from Amazon and they deliver the next day.  I haven't been to a supermarket in over a year.  I get the notification on my phone along with the picture.  

Honored Contributor

I just got a photo of a delivery a few days ago, along with an email asking for feedback on the service. I like the idea, but as I pointed out in my response to Amazon, the delivery person left it on the front edge of the porch where it would be more accessible to package thieves and also more exposed to the weather rather than near the door. The package was right on the outside edge of the porch.

I haven't been impressed by Amazon's in-house delivery service. One package of mine was delivered to a small unoccupied house behind my neighbor's house. Another package was about to be put there again when I intercepted the driver. The last package was guaranteed here by nine PM. Then after nine it was delayed but on its way. Then after ten they said it was being rescheduled for delivery sometime in the next two days. It came the next day. Packages that come through the mail or UPS are morereliable here.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

It just happened a few days ago. Mind you, I was home, and no door bell was rung or knock on the door to be had. That is just stupid.

Super Contributor

Yes, I've gotten delivery photos from them, but not with all of my Amazon purchases....my apt complex does the same and sometimes UPS and FedEx will leave a pkg at my door (which I hate)....I am ****** about keeping track of the delivery time because then I will leave a note on my door for them to not leave my pkg and to take it to the apt office.

Honored Contributor

I have on some of my packages but not very many. I like it. 

Super Contributor

I've always empathized with delivery drivers, as they get blamed 

for things out of their control.

They have a difficult job in trying to deliver "perfectly placed packages"

in all weather/traffic conditions.

I can't imagine how they manage to get bathroom breaks in, depending on 

where in the city they're delivering, etc.

Im never in much of a hurry for anything I order. If I *need* something ::::::::fast,

I'll go get it myself, then I am in control and not depending on (at times) the

whims of the weather, etc.

Do I care if my latest face cream takes a week+?

No.

Overall, I still consider online shopping/delivery quite amazing and I'm grateful for it.

Trusted Contributor

I haven’t yet had this experience but my daughter has. Imagine her surprise when she received the notice, complete with a picture of her package sitting on someone else’s porch. Luckily, it was a neighbor who made sure the package got to her.