Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee   We have a ton of house plants.  My kitchen is huge and has 2 4'x6' and other windows as well. I love it there when it it gets the morning sun, well, when we get sun. The plants love it too.

I want to look out a window and see green.

Honored Contributor

SWEAR I'M GONNA GET THERE!!!!!

See the source image

Esteemed Contributor

Not really looking forward to spring or, worse yet, summer.  I'll do my best to enjoy these next 67 days.  I'm a fall and winter person all the way!

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I know the heat and humidity is awful, but I'm talking about my need for green.

I just want to see leaves and green grass.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Come visit us down on the Gulf Coast! (Oops, COVID, no visits). Anyway we have lots of green outside right now, and pretty nice temperatures, too. Only the deciduous trees lose their leaves around here - everything else stays green.  I agree with you, all of that gray outside would be depressing to me, too.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I try to enjoy each new day.    never know what tomorrow will bring.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 -

I'm the opposite.I face a forest of trees so as much as I love looking at all the trees and activity in them (squirrels, birds), I was so happy to see the sky once more after all the leaves fell.

I hadn't seen it for a long time unless driving on the open roads (which was rare these days).

And I do not like summer and can't wait til its over (unless I am at the beach!).

I will be depressed if I don't see snow. Winter is my favorite time of year and when I feel the most energy.

I am probably the opposite of the seasonal affective disorder for winter -there are those, "they've" discovered who feel the same way in summer!

I used to not like spring at all. You are supposed to be so happy and yeah all the flowers birds blah blah- but what if you don't feel like being happy lol!

Its usually rainy and still cold and no sun, totally unpredictable.

Of course now, with everything in our world and country, it is so easy to feel that every day is like a seasonal affective disorder! It really is and have to keep being our own cheerleaders to keep the hope and keep looking up!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@alicedee , same here in Nova Scotia.  January is like October.  I'll take she said as sh reads the polar vortex is on it's way!

We had a gorgeous day Saturday, light skim of ice on the lake.

FE5263FB-9A77-475F-94C8-D5B403F0FACB.jpeg

EB429636-423D-4AE6-A6F0-1DBDFB873AA9.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I agree. Spring and autumn are my favorite times of year here in NJ. The weather isn't extremely hot or cold,  and the colors of nature make me happy. I love seeing the first crocus or daffodils pop up from the ground in spring and the leaves turning their spectacular red, orange, and golden yellow in the fall. Just heaven on earth.

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

I don't live with snow and cold like the rest of you but I'm enjoying the winter days because I know soon enough it'll be hot, dry spells that are miserable with fires and smoke.  So telling myself to enjoy these cold, for us its cold, gray days and longer nights, hoping for rain, because before I know it, it'll be summer.

Agreed. Spring is a week or two if we're lucky in Arizona. I'm enjoying the cool mornings and highs in the 60's and 70's. Summer will be here rearing it's ugly head with it's 100-120 degree days and 90 degree nights week after week all to soon. After last summer being the hottest and longest on record I'm not ready for anything resembling summer.

Honored Contributor

We have had a few snow storms here in maine,but now bare ground ,grass ,  i like it this way,but after a drought all summer ,we need some rain. But more winter coming.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.