Honored Contributor

Re: 6/15-Target Register Outage

Stuff happens....so what. I would have put anything perishable back and just parked the cart...come back another day. 

Esteemed Contributor

My sister and niece were in a Target in Green Bay when this outage happened.  There was an employee there handing out treats and Starbucks certificates to those in line.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

DD and I were in Starbucks in Target drinking our drinks when it happened.   Where I was I could see the self-check line, which is always long when a particular front end supervisor is in charge because she doesn't open lines.   Now the Starbucks crew announced that the whole store's system had crashed but I don't know if they told people in the check-out registers for the store.   I later read it was everywhere and people were furious waiting in line for over an hour.  All I could think is under any conditions I wouldn't wait in line at Target for an hour.  Put your stuff away and leave.  One gal was furious because she'd waited an hour to buy her DD's supplies because she was sick.  I'm sorry, as soon as you saw the line, you put it back and head to CVS.  These are the same people who wait in line for 10 hours to go on the Harry Potter ride.  I just don't get the lack of common sense.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel bad for the cashiers who had to deal with all of those pizzed off customers.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read about it online yesterday.   I shop Target occasionally but only online.  I wouldn't have been caught in a that mess.   The Target near me is a stand alone store so if I did not want to go in yesterday.....and  I saw a jam packed parking lot.....I'd have driven right past it.   Stuff happens.  It didn't seem like a big deal to me.  It's not like Target sells stuff that no other store sells.

Respected Contributor

I was in a Supermarket when there was a power outage. We were all told to leave just our carts. The key was to get the doors open to let us out. That was the hassle. I assume the employees put back what they could save.

Esteemed Contributor

I was in Walmart last year when they had a power outage and they made everyone leave their carts and go to the front of the store. you could either wait until the electric came back on or leave.

Esteemed Contributor

This affected their checkouts only but was nationwide.  The lights were on.  The air conditioning was on.  It was just checkout.  My sister and niece, for some reason, hung on and waited, I would not have stayed.  What i don't know is if it affected CVS which is separate from Target.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Having the power out is a totally different animal than 

a system outage.  A power outage usually means no security

so for everyone’s safety, they want the customer out immediately.

They were quick to say it wasn’t a data breach...almost too quick.

I, who questions everything, am questioning this. 

Weird that 5 yrs ago to the day, a similar thing happened. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kitcat51 

I'm with you.  I heard this on the news and thought, "what is wrong with people?"

Yes, I would have been annoyed, but, Good Grief, they weren't doing it on purpose.  People have a right to expect a major retailer to be operational, but, honestly, all this rage or whatever it is, escapes me.

Makes you wonder what in Heaven's name people would do if it was a REAL crisis.