Honored Contributor

At least in my area, I've been noticing that the Christmas lights displays are bigger and better this year.  Perhaps (in my case) it is because in the almost 40 years I've lived in my house, the neighborhood now has a newer, younger generation than the older folks, many of whom have moved out (either retired to the south or died or moved to assisted living or whatever).   Also perhaps because the economy is decent, people are willing to increase their electric bills more than they have in the past. 

Whatever the reason, the lights in my own areas I go to have been more spectacular than usual.  Has anyone else noticed this?

Respected Contributor

I’ve seen more showy outdoor decorating this year in my area also.

Honored Contributor
Many of the houses here are doing more high-tech decorations, with lights synchronized to music, etc. you turn your car radio on to a posted frequency and you hear the music.
Honored Contributor
Wow @lovesrecess, that's the first I've heard of such a thing!

@Azcowgirl I'm glad someone else has noticed too.
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Many of the houses here are doing more high-tech decorations, with lights synchronized to music, etc. you turn your car radio on to a posted frequency and you hear the music.

@lovesrecess  We also have one of the houses with the lights synchronized to the music. Fun to see.

Valued Contributor
It seems dark in our neighborhood. We have our home decorated and both of our neighbors beside us.
I remember when I was young maybe one house out of thirty wasn't decorated, now it's the other way around.
Honored Contributor

Due to a snowstorm over Thanksgiving, decorating was rather ho-hum this year. I don't think people wanted to decorate in the bad weather. It was also bitterly cold during much of November.

Respected Contributor

I honestly don't know.  I don't venture out after dark.  I live rural, only a handful of neighbors on our road.   Of the six I can see half of us have outside lighting.

Honored Contributor

It's about the same here. 

Honored Contributor
@GenXmuse. The same as what? There are various different descriptions above your post so one can't tell to what you are referring. Oh well. 🤔