Frequent Contributor
On 3/19/2015 SusieQ_2 said:

To imagine a loved one could be murdered is far from a ludicrous statement. As kaliloky stated it’s a reality, and it happens to people every day. It’s one of the reasons we lock our doors, don’t pick up strangers, stay out of dark alleys, etc. We strive to protect our loved ones because we know there are lunatics in the world who have no morals or concern for other people. If we couldn't imagine dangers in the world we wouldn't guard against them.

Yes it has been said that Travis’ family should forgive Jodi, but I don’t have a problem with that. Maybe others do, but I just see it as someone’s opinion which is as valid to them as mine is to me. I don’t agree with it, but that’s not a requirement for anyone here.

I understand being upset about being called things like angry. I was a little disappointed with the implication that those for the dp are filled with blood lust and being continuously asked to explain things other people have said. But then again, people have their opinions and so be it.

The comment about feeling sorry for the executioner, and what it means to him/her was an interesting one with facets we here on this board have no real answers to—unless, of course, we personally know, or have studied, someone who has done this and they have shared extensively.

My thought, which could be entirely wrong, is that an executioner isn’t someone who is picked up off the street and asked to do the job immediately. I would imagine there are psychological exams and that the job is voluntary.

There are many jobs today that probably have great impact on the person doing them. For me, it would be working with children and animals. Seeing how children are mistreated by people who are supposed to love them would break my heart, and I feel for the workers who have to put animals to death at shelters. I guess I feel for the innocents, and not so much for evil.

Jodi came into his home, his private space, it is not like he went looking for her. I am sure that evening he thought he was safe in his own home, minding his own business, she drive over 1000 miles to his house. If she would have just driven to they guy she went to see after she murdered Travis, this wouldn't have happened on that date, however, maybe she would have eventually done that at a future date, who knows. That is what is so frustrating with all of this. She came into his space, killed him, and continues to vilify him. She will continue to do this, if prison allows her to.

Honored Contributor

D P qualified juries are more likely to convict than juries who aren't. So, requiring the jury to be willing to kill the defendant is a jury stacked against the defendant and should be unconstitutional. Someone should challenge it.

Super Contributor
On 3/19/2015 SusieQ_2 said:

To imagine a loved one could be murdered is far from a ludicrous statement. As kaliloky stated it’s a reality, and it happens to people every day. It’s one of the reasons we lock our doors, don’t pick up strangers, stay out of dark alleys, etc. We strive to protect our loved ones because we know there are lunatics in the world who have no morals or concern for other people. If we couldn't imagine dangers in the world we wouldn't guard against them.

Yes it has been said that Travis’ family should forgive Jodi, but I don’t have a problem with that. Maybe others do, but I just see it as someone’s opinion which is as valid to them as mine is to me. I don’t agree with it, but that’s not a requirement for anyone here.

I understand being upset about being called things like angry. I was a little disappointed with the implication that those for the dp are filled with blood lust and being continuously asked to explain things other people have said. But then again, people have their opinions and so be it.

The comment about feeling sorry for the executioner, and what it means to him/her was an interesting one with facets we here on this board have no real answers to—unless, of course, we personally know, or have studied, someone who has done this and they have shared extensively.

My thought, which could be entirely wrong, is that an executioner isn’t someone who is picked up off the street and asked to do the job immediately. I would imagine there are psychological exams and that the job is voluntary.

There are many jobs today that probably have great impact on the person doing them. For me, it would be working with children and animals. Seeing how children are mistreated by people who are supposed to love them would break my heart, and I feel for the workers who have to put animals to death at shelters. I guess I feel for the innocents, and not so much for evil.

Great post - best comments on the entire thread - {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor
On 3/19/2015 occasional rain said:

D P qualified juries are more likely to convict than juries who aren't. So, requiring the jury to be willing to kill the defendant is a jury stacked against the defendant and should be unconstitutional. Someone should challenge it.

That will NEVER happen, which is a GOOD thing.

Respected Contributor
On 3/19/2015 Free2be said:

I'm agreeing with you on this, Cakers.

With all the problems states are having in finding chemicals to put people to death and the horrific suffering caused when it all goes bad, it is time to regroup and rethink what kind of nation we want ours to be.

It's enough that killers with zero chance of rehabilitation are kept away from society for the remainder of their lives. For those who seriously cannot live well without feeling "the kill", perhaps therapy would be warranted.

It is not really difficult to find drugs to put someone to death. Drug users OD and kill themselves every day!

They have a process of 3 drugs (as I understand it) to enact the death penalty. One drug to stop breathing, one to stop the heart, and a sedative to put you out so you don't suffer from it.

I am against the death penalty, but "horrific suffering" is not much of a concern. Considering what the MURDERER did to his victim, who never was given any consideration in the matter. In the Arias case, a few drugs vs stabbed repeatedly, throat cut, and shot in the head. After that, left to rot in a bathtub. Just doesn't make me feel all bad.

Most of the suffering related to the death penalty is KNOWING when you will die. Watching every day go by KNOWING a certain date on the calendar is your date with death. Now THAT doesn't bother me at all.

Even though I am against it, I understand why people support the death penalty.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.mellow}

Super Contributor

Whether JA gets life in prison or the DP it's not going to change any of our lives personally unless we are related to the victims in the case in some manner.

I do support the DP 100%.

Super Contributor
On 3/19/2015 Alley Catvocate said:

I didn't realize there was so much response here..

Thank you for ALL the input...

In my head, I believe I could "kill" someone that murdered a family member BUT in my heart, I don't know that I could really "live" with that....

I could.

Don't hurt my family including my 4 legged family. That is a big NO NO!