Esteemed Contributor

Re: 11,458 new cases in Florida since yesterday

@saltysails wrote:

Check the medical reports from countries that have had children going to school for months now and they are very positve in keeping the children going to school.  Some are acting liked we should stay in our homes until a vaccine is available.  Well, that is not practical.  The fake news just keeps screaming that the sky is falling and there is no where to hide.  Science just does not show that in other countries.  Everything in this country is political and it is hurting this country. 

If this country followed the advice of the scientists as the "other countries" did and followed their protocols we could have been in a similar recovery.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

56 Florida hospitals ICU's have hit capacity!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@JaneMarple   That’s OK. DeSantis said today that COVID-19 cases have stabilized in Florida. Must be something else causing that... 

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@JaneMarple   That’s OK. DeSantis said today that COVID-19 cases have stabilized in Florida. Must be something else causing that... 

Did he specify the State of Florida or was he referring to one of 88 places called Florida in the world?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@embgm and @JaneMarple  I am sorry for what your loved ones are going through.  🙏 for them and all the sick.

Valued Contributor

In Florida, 56 hospital ICU’s in 25 counties have hit capacity and show zero ICU beds available, including 8 in Miami-Dade, 3 in Broward, 3 in Hillsborough and 4 in Orange counties, according to data released by the Agency for Health Care Administration

But the governor said its been a success there

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@lianne wrote:

People believe garbage science when it tells them what they want to hear.

I encourage you to look at the Washington Post story of a mom who took her immuno compromised daughter to a church Covid party in FL where they were intentionally trying to infect their children. Then she gave her sick daughter hydroxychloroquine and Zpack before the poor girl got so sick she had to be admitted to a hospital, where she passed.

This woman was spouting completely false information she got from a certain network and effectively killed her own daughter in the process.

That is the danger we face. It's horrifying

@lianne,  to make this even worse the mother is a nurse and the father is a PA.  There is quite a bit of information about the mother and her beliefs being reported on various sites.

Imagine needing medical attention and being treated by either the mother or father.

@Marp, Yes!!!  That was the worst part.  First I read the mother was a nurse and though OMG then I read the father was a PA and couldn't believe it.  

But then, there have been a lot of doctors, nurses and other medical personnel all over social media with some very questionable stories.  

Honored Contributor

My employer had us working from home for two months and then called us back to the office. The town just called for a mask mandate a week or two ago.

Being back in the office with or without a mask, there is the huge, mostly unspoken elephant in the building. Moreso now with the masks any time we leave our offices. We used to be like family. Now we avoid each other and look away when we pass each other in the hall. I’m sure I’m not the only person who holds their breath for those seconds when unavoidably closer than six feet while passing a co-worker. 

I love my job and my co-workers but I hate being at work in these conditions. We don’t know enough about this virus to have any idea if we are safe there right now. I keep wondering if I’m going to be infected when someone on another floor gets COVID-19 and it floats into my office through the air conditioning vents... 

Esteemed Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@pigletsmom wrote:

For anyone praising NY on their handling of this mess you should now that this thing is in no way over in this state. While we have press conferences acting like something great has been accomplished, the people behind the scenes doing the work 12+ hours a day are already seeing numbers they don't like. And they assume we'll be in an upswing in August. 

The one thing they think will help for now is that less people could be on public transit because of nice weather. They're hoping that this way we actually flatten the curve as opposed to before but they for sure aren't banking on that.The thinking is that we could go up in August and then stay at those levels for a while and then spike way up in the fall.

Keep yourselves safe people!

Not quite sure what you're trying to say. At the height of the NY infections you complained about NY's reaction and how it wasn't that bad and we didn't need all those restrictions. Now that we have flattened the curve due to those restrictions, you are complaining that things are opening up. Will cases go up due to the loosening of restrictions. Probably because there is no cure or vaccine. It is trial and error to see how far we can open up safely. Nothing is guaranteed.

It just seems you want to criticize NY's response no matter what it does. IMHO

The Governors don't have a handbook on how to handle a deadly pandemic.  Cuomo and Murphy have done fine jobs considering what they were presented with 

QVC Customer Care