QVC Customer Care

Re: 11,458 new cases in Florida since yesterday

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@embgm How is your cousin doing?

And @JaneMarple how are your sister and brother in law doing?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Hi @Porcelain , my BIL has been on a ventilator for exactly one week. He has pneumonia also but his body is fighting it. He is on 2 experimental drugs and so far so good. His fever is low as well as his white blood count. He is being turned every 18 hours from back to front and side. 

In the middle of the week he was doing better and the ventilator was on a 'as need basis' then the pneumonia hit so he's back to a 75/28 ratio.

My sister is better but still at home, 2 of the 3 kids are sick as well but recovering at home.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Hi @Porcelain , my BIL has been on a ventilator for exactly one week. He has pneumonia also but his body is fighting it. He is on 2 experimental drugs and so far so good. His fever is low as well as his white blood count. He is being turned every 18 hours from back to front and side. 

In the middle of the week he was doing better and the ventilator was on a 'as need basis' then the pneumonia hit so he's back to a 75/28 ratio.

My sister is better but still at home, 2 of the 3 kids are sick as well but recovering at home.

I hope he beats the pneumonia as soon as possible and gets back to an as need basis for the ventilator, for starters. Seems like these things are so step by step and day by day. I'm glad the rest of his family is recovering and getting better. Positive good wishes to you and your family. Heart

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Thank you for asking Porcelain. Her fever is staying around 100 now. She's very tired, very weak, Her main issues  are digestive tract issues. No taste or smell , stomach pains after she eats and diarrhea. She's lost 22 pounds. She drinks pedialite and Gatorade and has soup and toast.  It will take awhile for her to recover. She needs to get the tummy issues under control in order to gain strength. 

Super Contributor

@Marp @kaydee50 

The current death rate / count is not reflective of the massive spike in cases.  Covid deaths are a lagging indicator so that won't be shown within the numbers for a few weeks.  

There also are more younger people testing positive now and the hospitals are seeing an influx of those people, ages 20s / 30s, being admitted as well.  These people are more likely to survive the disease, but are not except from ongoing medical issues and future complications, so could add to the death rate later on as well.  

I just wish that all of this could stop and those lives could be given back to their loved ones.  Very sad times.