Trusted Contributor

we think that the branch that i work at is haunted.  it is over 100 years old and amny people claim to have seen or felt ghosts.  so this friday, the library has a ghoster hunter team coming in with all the equipment to see if it is really haunted.  doesn't matter if it is or nt, a fun time will be had by all that attend.

Honored Contributor

Re: haunted library

[ Edited ]

That is very interesting.  Most people would be surprised to know that many places new and old have spirit visitors.

My youngest son was at " home" ( our house) last night.  He has a couple of visitors that frequent his house off and on.  He said " they are back" 

My daughter lived in a home with basement and attic inhabitants when she first got married.  She informed me that she and her family are moving back to that house as soon as the current occupants move out.  Her DH's aunt owns the house and she wishes to have family live there instead of strangers and has agreed to rent to them at a discounted fee.

I, as well as one of my son's and my daughter are sensitive to spirits.  So far, we have only encountered the spirits of humans that have passed....thank heavens, no demons or evil beings.

My children were raised in a house that had a human spirit who lived there. When we moved, the new family's younger children saw the spirit too.

If I were a spirit stuck on earth, I would probably take up residence in a library.  I love books and reading them.  

Respected Contributor

I don't find it hard to believe that there are spirits that visit in our world.  There is much we don't know about the other side. I do believe in Angels who visit earth when needed or called upon.

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

we think that the branch that i work at is haunted.  it is over 100 years old and amny people claim to have seen or felt ghosts.  so this friday, the library has a ghoster hunter team coming in with all the equipment to see if it is really haunted.  doesn't matter if it is or nt, a fun time will be had by all that attend.

Please come back and tell us the findings of the ghost hunters.  I can't wait!  Smiley Surprised

Trusted Contributor

i will post what they find on sat.  should be interesting.  some of the staff has said that they have encountered ghosts here.  i never have but it is an old building and a fun place to work

Honored Contributor

Is that the Willard Library in Evansville, In ? they have a ghost cam set up

I used to live in Ind.

Trusted Contributor

no, itis the chapman library in salt lake city utah.  the people who did the tour will give the results in about a week.  

but to checkout this library , go to slcpl.org and click on brances.  it is a beautiful building

Frequent Contributor

@shortbreadlover... did the ghost hunters find anything?

Trusted Contributor

yes they did. the library is haunted with ghosts.  but they are good ghosts who do not want to harm anyone.

there was a guy who worked here that was fired for some reallyu terrible stuff he did and the ghosts said they they hated him .  but that they really liked the rest of the staff.  the ghost hunters knew nothing about the staff member that was fired.

i don't know if i belevie in the ghosts here but it is fun to think that they maybe old patrons or former library staff that worked here.  who knows, they may even be some authors or frustrated writers.

Frequent Contributor
Wow! How interesting. I guess a library would be a neat place to hang it in the afterlife, or at least for me it would be. I love books, I LIVED in the library when I was a kid. Thanks for sharing! I’ve been checking back every day since you originally posted to see if you had any news! Happy Halloween!