Trusted Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

I'm reading his new book, "HOUSE OF SPIES" right now.  It's a hefty read, at 523 pages! It's a little slow so far, but I'm only 100 pages in.  There's a lot about the English spy, Christopher Keller, and very little Gabriel Allon, but I hope that will change.

I'm updating my own post to say that I am now on page 300 of the book, and it is really good!  IMO, the first 100 pages are a bit slow, and then Gabriel and his team come in and the action definitely picks up!  I hope to finish the book today, if I can make the time.

Valued Contributor

I just finished House of Spies this afternoon.  It was so good, I never wanted it to end. I have to turn it back into the library, because someone else has a hold on it.

Silva is one of my favorite authors. I love the way he weaves the characters into each book.  I feel like I am personally acquainted with many of them. 

I can't wait for his next book!

Valued Contributor

Just out of curiosity - does Daniel Silva have green eyes like Gabriel Allon?

Respected Contributor

@Carol08 wrote:

Just out of curiosity - does Daniel Silva have green eyes like Gabriel Allon?

@Carol08   i didn't get that close - but his eyes in his publicity photo do look hazel-ish -  but not really emerald green!

Valued Contributor

Thanks for letting me know. I pictured him looking like Gabriel.....don't know why. LOL

Honored Contributor

I have heard nothing but good things about Daniel Silva as a writer, all the way from a very discerning friend, to Hugh Hewitt, who is an avid fan who frequently has him on his radio show, and recently interviewed him on TV about "House of Spies".

Side note: Didn't know Silva was married to Jamie Gangel-- that's a point in his favor!  She's very smart and in my opinion, a cut above most TV journalists...

Respected Contributor

I one of those people on a library waiting list.  I can't wait to read the latest Silva book!

Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone read his book "Black Widow"?  It was slow at the beginning, wasn't sure if I should continue and I'm glad I did.  Some authors have the tendency to start slow and build up to the point where the story becomes a page turner.  House of Spies sounds interesting, I will take a look to see if I'll read it.  Happy reading evryone.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam